News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann L&B Loco "LYN", G scale.b

Started by Croffer, June 17, 2016, 09:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croffer

I bought this loco 2 years ago and it came with american style nuckle couplings.   Does Bachmann supply different types of coupling for this loco  and are thy easy to change over.  Any help would be appreciated.   I would prefer  english horn couplings if possible.

doug c

Yes they do !

To see what the original unit package contains;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5vKYQUNllM

Personally even though I am a user of hook'nloop couplers,   I hacked in a smaller kadee coupler on the front  since I do not forecast anything else in front of the engine.    Then for the rear, hacked in another manufacturer's  HnL coupler since I found the included B'mann ones just did not 'work' for me.

doug c

p.s. tried to attach grand total 120kb/2 photos  but only got the infamous, "The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator".  Even when trying just one file photo of less than 60kb !
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

Joe Zullo

The software says you can, but you can not "attach" photos. They must be on a server somewhere on the 'net, and you post the URL.  8)

doug c

Thanks Joe   Will not waste time trying to attach on B'mann board again :)
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

charon

I'm with you, Doug;
Other large scale sites and Garden Railways seem to appreciate my Bachmann kitbashes/conversions.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line