News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2016 NMRA Train show

Started by Thomasfan39, July 07, 2016, 04:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crutch

Just to clarify I'm not at the show. I might've but it interfered with another vacation. I'm just stating what I know already.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

Captain Crutch

Quote from: Thomasfan39 on July 08, 2016, 10:23:54 PM
Quote from: HLC Railroad on July 08, 2016, 10:09:05 PM
http://media.wix.com/ugd/401ff8_ef639e3515d14fa7bf00b475f8baf74c.pdf

Where does it say anything about it?
I never said they would show Oliver just that the show ends at 10 so if we were to receive information at this point it would be after that. Seeing as people will be leaving, that's when they'll have time to post.

TTTEfan1992

What's weird about the schedule is that they have tomorrow (Saturday, July 9, 2016) as the last day of the NMRA show, but the last day of the NMRA show is Sunday, July 10, 2016. Where is Sunday at in the schedule?

Captain Crutch

It
Quote from: TTTEfan1992 on July 08, 2016, 10:52:17 PM
What's weird about the schedule is that they have tomorrow (Saturday, July 9, 2016) as the last day of the NMRA, but the last day of the NMRA show is Sunday, July 10, 2016. Where is Sunday at in the schedule?
It does just show the events, like a class on how to make realistic scenery (I don't know if that's there just using it as an example) so there's probably just no events that day. If you want a good link full of everything go to http://www.nmra2016.org

TTTEfan1992

What is the "Old Lady Second Tactic"?

Captain Crutch

Quote from: TTTEfan1992 on July 09, 2016, 12:14:55 AM
What is the "Old Lady Second Tactic"?
It was meant to say wait until the last second or "the last second tactic"

Captain Crutch

The last second tactic is where they don't release the information people want until the product is being released or it's about to be released so as to make people more curious and more upset that they don't have it already which when it comes out makes them more excited and more likely to buy it.

Captain Crutch

I found a video of the show and you can see some Thomas and friends stuff in the background as they're talking about a few new releases. I can't make out anything but maybe you can. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj1bFQ0aQGU. I think I saw a brake van and then something yellow underneath it. I'm on a tablet so if someone else could see things better that'd be great.

donaldthescottishtwin

If Oliver was there we would have gotten a photo from a user by now, frankly since Oliver was not in the show's brochure means he is not present at the show. Sorry but we are just going to have to wait a bit longer his RRP is not even confirmed with retailers yet as I have not been able to Pre-order him because Bachmann has not informed any retailers of a price yet.

JD417

Nothing we haven't seen already was there, in the background of another company talking you can see a (Very blurry but a full picture) of the stuff they were displaying

Full (Blurry) shot - http://i.imgur.com/FINKDpx.png
Clear (With people in the way) shot - http://i.imgur.com/LSf455e.png

-Looks like the 3 figures (Sir Topham Hatt, Conductor and Farmer McColl), Then James, and Emily
-Second shelf has the new Fruit and Vegetable car, the new GW Van, Emily's Coach, and (what I would assume) The Sound Thomas
-Third shelf shelf is Toby, S.C. Ruffey, Ice Cream Wagon, Cream Tanker, a Troublesome Truck, and (what I would assume) The Sound Percy

Unfortunate that the Explosives Van wasn't there. Especially considering it's supposed to be out this month with the rest of them...

Captain Crutch

I was just curious what it was as I couldn't tell. I did see yellow which is not a usual color and I was just wondering if anything new could be made out, weather or not it's Oliver. Thanks for the help though. If I can find anything else that might interest someone I'll post it.

Chaz

A lot of shops online have been saying October/November for Oliver as of recent.  My best guess is that Oliver will probably just pop out in the fall with a photo as well as being released at the same time like Toad did if he is not present at the NMRA.  There is no way I could see Bachmann releasing Rosie before Oliver, especially since Oliver was announced first and made it into production a lot earlier than Rosie.  The only reason why I think both Oliver and Winston is not in the PDF is because these were announced in 2015 as opposed to a "newly announced 2016 product" like Rosie and Rheneas.

Also, something to think about, even though the pdf mentioned that Rheneas and the slate wagons are due in 2017, it makes me wonder why all of the shops have release dates for those products all on preorder with the exact same release date as Rosie and the HO stock in the pdf.  Could there be a mistake in the PDF that someone made while creating it...?  Not too many shops have Rosie and the HO stock up, and those that do don't have too many of the price listings yet.  Yet Rheneas and the slate wagon listings do at all the shops like tower hobbies, OmniModels, etc.

Just a thought.  Not saying that the PDF is wrong, but this was something I thought about earlier regarding the release dates and what each of the stores have all been saying.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Captain Crutch

Also just because someone hasn't posted a picture does not mean Oliver wasn't shown. It is possible that just no member of the forum is at the show. Or they forgot to take a picture. Or they forgot to post it. Or maybe it's not at the show yet. There's plenty of other reasons why we don't have a picture. And while it's likely he's not there, he still could be. You never know. Or maybe like I think it was James who said he's coming soon, just released without notice or any information but what we already know. It happened with toad who is Oliver's brake van, could be foreshadowing... Like in The Adventure Begins... James is foreshadowing...

TrainFan97

Oliver and G scale Winston weren't at the show. Those were announced last year, yet they were able to give out the estimated release timings for the products that were announced this year.

Who knows? Maybe Oliver will get released out of the blue like Toad.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Captain Crutch

Quote from: TrainFan97 on July 13, 2016, 04:44:10 PM
Oliver and G scale Winston weren't at the show. Those were announced last year, yet they were able to give out the estimated release timings for the products that were announced this year.

Who knows? Maybe Oliver will get released out of the blue like Toad.

I have to agree with you there. It's really the most logical solution at this point. I doubt that they would put new characters before the old. Besides since Toad is Oliver's brakevan it could be a hint as to what Oliver will be like. Hopefully they haven't fallen under the same fate as the redesigned James... They just weren't sent to the plant in time for production until I think 2017.