News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New On30 Excursion car

Started by Hamish K, July 08, 2016, 06:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

At last an On30 excursion car! Just what I have been waiting for for years! Thanks Bachmann.

Apologies to those whe saw my earlier post, I was too hasty in reading the announcements. Thank to Max for pointing out my error.

Hamish

max (uk)

This is the info:

This appears to have the same chassis that the 'Side Door' caboose has.

I am glad to see the tribute to Lee Riley as I was worried Bachmann wouldn't have the drive to continue with On30 without him.

aussie geoff

What a wonderful Model to add to a marvellous collection of ON30 vehicles  ! Well Done Bachmann  ;)

Geoff 

p51

NICE!  :) I've been wondering what (if anything) Bachmann had coming at the NMRA convention this year.
For a long time, I've been wanting to make one of the laser kits that looks a lot like that. I'm glad I put that off, now.
I model the WW2 years and it wouldn't be much of a stretch to see one of those in either grey or OD green with some soldiers sitting in it on my layout...

I'd love to see what the Lee Riley one looks like. I never met the man but I'm eternally indebted to him for all his work in On30 and being almost single-handedly being responsible for bringing me back to the hobby.
-Lee

ksivils

By chance has anyone seen a pre-production model?

The engineering drawings look very promising.

The Kentwood & Southern will be obtaining several for spring excursions.

p51

Anyone have a clue when we'll start seeing these among the retailers?
-Lee

Bucksco

p51

Quote from: Yardmaster on August 02, 2016, 03:52:06 PM
Shipping March 2017
D'oh, there it is in the original graphic. I can't believe I missed that...

-Lee