News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Alco s4 CAB removal

Started by brokenrail, July 12, 2016, 11:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenrail

Has anyone removed the Cab from the Alco s4?The exploded view shows 2 tabs on the inside of the outer walls of the cab,but there is also a inner wall that does not allow you to see the tabs  ??? Also ,,,Does anybody make a Alco s series cab interior?.Or must I have to make my own? I rearranged the under hood board with 2 speakers all under the hood and no longer need the hood inside the cab that hides the original position of the circuit board since it is moved forward.Do not feel like breaking this one.
Thanks,
Johnny

jonathan

I have the S-2 which is identical for all intents and purposes.

To remove the shell:

1) unscrew and pull out the coupler boxes.

2) Lift off the shell.

That's it.  Easiest process in all of tinkering.  :)

Regards,

Jonathan

jonathan

Apologies.  I misread your post.  I'm an idiot. Don't know how to separate the Cab from the hood.

Regards,

Jonathan

brokenrail

I have seen your work and if you are, then we all are.Thanks at least for the attempt . I have to figure out again how to load some pics. I know you did some work on your s4 adding details.I also have it planned ,but stumbling and bumbling has been a issue lately.I Feel like a idiot since I HAD THE CAB OFF ONE OF MINE A WILE BACK AND FORGOT HOW I did it without breaking anything . They are a precise fit and the locks for the cab are very tight for the cab. They do come off. Just cannot remember how. Frustrating to  say the least.
Johnny