News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bowser Parts for Bachmann Locos & Tenders

Started by Len, July 10, 2016, 06:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len

I've seen several posts where people talked about using Bowser bits & pieces to customize their Bachmann HO locos & tenders. Bowser found a bunch of old parts in a warehouse, and their having a "Fire Sale" to get rid of it. So if your looking for things to customize your Bachmann HO steamers, check out:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Bowser-Fire-Sale-HO-N---O-Scale-Train-Parts-Pieces-and-Last-of-their-kind.html?soid=1102299084446&aid=6pVi5tJxZKY

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Woody Elmore

Wow! I think it's sad because it spells the end of an era in model railroading. Soon we'll see a lot of this stuff on Ebay advertised as "rare" or "vintage" - this would be true for once. I have built and owned most kit engines. I enjoyed the challenge of getting them to run properly.

However the new engines are much more detailed and run better and give Jonathan lots of little things to change! Also, thanks to companies like Bachmann, there is a greater selection of engines all tested and ready to go. What will the next generation of locomotive be like?

Trainman203

DC 71 motors........ Once the pinnacle of model railroad technology.  I put one in a brass Wabash mogul in 1965, made that baby crawl like an ant. It was unusual to get anything back then to run that well. You could see the worm gear barely turning, but oh so smoothly.

Today, DCC makes fine tuned operation an everyday thing.

Ckrails

Anyone know if I could use one of the DC71s to replace the open frame motor on an old Mantua Pacific?  Without major modifications, that is.

Woody Elmore

I had several Mantua engines - the DC-71 is too big to fit under the boiler of the later versions. I had one of the original gearbox drive mikados and the motor was a DC-66 mounted flush on the frame with a length of tubing to the gearbox. The Later models used the open frame motor that had a slant mounting. I don't think DC-66 motors were ever built that way.

A can motor might be a better choice. You'd have to come up with some way of mounting it at an angle.