News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Steam Loco 2-8-2

Started by joeprr, June 30, 2016, 03:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucksco

If Joe is not happy with the condition that his loco was in when it was returned from the service department he should contact the service manager Laura Harris at (215) 533-1600 and she will do everything in her power to make things right. If the warranty card was sent in and he kept a copy of the receipt he is covered for repair or replacement. Nobody here on the forum is privy to what has transpired and none of us has seen the piece in question so the matter would be best solved by contacting the service manager via phone and discussing the problem.

jbrock27

I like Laura, she is a very nice lady.

Now how about moving Mau's Reverse Module question to N where it belongs? ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On

Bucksco

Nice to see that you understand my place in the forum Hierarchy....

Sparky66

Why the knock on Bachmann??  I have never had an issue with repairs or replacements.  In fact there was at one time, I had to send 6 of their amfleet cars in for replacement, because there was damage to the one side of the car door.  Looked like the mold was getting old.. not sure.  The replaced every single one of them, all I had to was send them in with a copy of the receipt.  I don't even think I filled out the little card for all of them.  The replaced them all with great looking amfleet cars.  Not to mention Bachmann is one of the 2 manufacturers out there who actually support and fix their products right.

joeprr

Everyone.... I am NOT knocking Bachmann. When your item is returned you do not expect screws to get loose and fall out. I will contact Bachmann as I should and explain what happened. I have many Bachmann steam and diesel loco and they run very good. So please these posts and replies are NOT intended to knock Bachmann. Thank you all.

jbrock27

Quote from: Sparky66 on July 23, 2016, 08:03:32 PM
Why the knock on Bachmann??

Sparky, have you not been reading this Thread??

I'll remind you, you haven't always been a happy camper yourself:

Quote from: Sparky66 on July 19, 2012, 05:14:58 PM
Right now though my set is going to have to go back....  Just got it today, and on the power engine, one of the fine details is broken off, and it's not in the box.  So, right now I'm not a happy camper.

I can just see this eating up shipping charges.. :(

Quote from: Sparky66 on July 21, 2012, 09:57:33 PM
Actually, I just contacted the place of purchase....  and they want me to pay for it to be shipped back, sorry, not doing that.  Ticks me off when companies expect you to pay for a return when items are broken or damaged..

I'll be calling Bachmann on Monday...

Quote from: Sparky66 on July 23, 2016, 08:03:32 PM
Not to mention Bachmann is one of the 2 manufacturers out there who actually support and fix their products right.

Really?!  That is news to me. ::)

Quote from: Sparky66 on July 23, 2016, 06:50:55 PM
Hey Bachmann,

I just bought a new HO DCC #6 Crossover to replace one that I got that had some ties missing (this is going to be sent in for warranty repair), but when I hooked the new one up only one switch will throw?  The other is dead and will do nothing..  Is there something I can do, so that I'm not sending 2 back for repairs/replacement???

Thanks,

Sparky

Do you enjoy buying products that don't work properly and you have to ship back?
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Quote from: Yardmaster on July 23, 2016, 07:49:32 PM
Nice to see that you understand my place in the forum Hierarchy....

Of course your Excellency, but what took you so long to move that Topic to N? :)
Keep Calm and Carry On

West Bound

About a month ago I sent a 2-8-2 in due to a noisy vibration. It came back without the noise but with missing and damaged parts. I related my experience on this thread and it was deleted by the Bachmann and advised to call Laura Harris. I did and Ms Harris was on vacation. I was transferred to Rodney. He was not to interested in hearing in detail my complaint but he told me they would make it right. Long story short, I sent it back and received it back a week later. It appears they replaced the loco with a new one.
Thanks to the service department.
My only gripe is I had to spend an extra $18 bucks on postage to get an engine that works correctly.
I'm guessing this post will also be deleted as well but the moral to this story is Bachmann did ultimately correct the issues.