News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Amtrak Cascades

Started by CPRailHelmet, August 02, 2016, 06:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CPRailHelmet

Is any company right now making a Amtrak cascades F40PH or F59phi? If not then this is a suggestion to Bachmann. Please and thank you. :D

Jhanecker2

Having consulted the 2016  Walthers HO Reference   No one is currently manufacturing   An  Amtrak Cascade  engine  .  The  Cascade  Engines  should be F42 PH or Genesis  Engines, or F59phi   engines  .  You also need the transition  cars   to connect from the trains to the talgo  cars  . None of these  cars are in production either  .   While   is a great  looking  train  . it would be  expensive to  manufacture  .    John 2.

CPRailHelmet

Quote from: Jhanecker2 on August 03, 2016, 08:32:18 AM
Having consulted the 2016  Walthers HO Reference   No one is currently manufacturing   An  Amtrak Cascade  engine  .  The  Cascade  Engines  should be F42 PH or Genesis  Engines, or F59phi   engines  .  You also need the transition  cars   to connect from the trains to the talgo  cars  . None of these  cars are in production either  .   While   is a great  looking  train  . it would be  expensive to  manufacture  .    John 2.
Well I agree with you being expensive to manufacture the cars, Athearn a long time ago they make a Amtrak cascades F59phi engine, but I wonder why they stopped making it, because it is exactly like the Amtrak Surfliner scheme just recolored. I just wish a company would make the engines again.

Jhanecker2

Have you  considered  purchasing    Available  engines   and repainting them   ?     F59phi  &  F42 are available   as well as Emd 40 PH .    The original amtrak  services were conducted   with   train cars from the original   service providers  before the  talgo  cars came on line .   Even dome cars were added to some of the lines to Vancouver at some points  .  Check out  Amtrak Cascade on  Wickapedia .  John 2 .