Started by jonathan, August 13, 2016, 12:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoModeler

Forgot about my other forum name... I cant remember the login info for them LOL

jbrock27

I'm just glad I was able to help you and others see his layout pics Geraldo ;D
Keep Calm and Carry On

jonathan

Don't know why, but as soon as I saw your mine scene, I remembered your layout (and your old moniker). Very nice. The pneumatics blew me away. I recall posting about it a while ago.

Regards,

Jonathan

HoModeler

Thanks jonathan...
My layout looks a little bit different with all the now completed scenery (& a few add on's)  & I have now built a small enclosure for the Air Compressor & I have black screening up now I picked up from a local textile co in my area (hiding my Layout legs & supports) Also I built in a viewing bench 5 feet long so seeing & viewing my layout is easier. My layout is a Bit High for stand alone viewing so I added the bench LOL & glad I did makes working my layout easier too. All I have left is Accent (Layout) Lighting & Carpet for the floor (with Padding) for insulation & build a small laundry room for my wife (starting that project this weekend) going to rain LOL. & mount my 40" flat screen TV on the wall complete with cable TV... What's better than playing with Trains & watching NFL football LOL Well & to watch DVD's of Train movies too

jbrock27

Quote from: HoModeler on October 20, 2016, 06:04:28 AM
What's better than playing with Trains & watching NFL football LOL

Depends on which team you are watching  ;).  And I would put watching the NHL right up there, especially on a nice big screen like a
40 incher  :).
Keep Calm and Carry On

jonathan

My first attempt at weaving cardboard hillsides:

This may be my last attempt at cardboard hillsides.  I'm ready for the burn unit after messing with those hot glue guns.  Seriously, I feel safer with a soldering iron or butane torch.

Regards,

Jonathan

HoModeler

That's how I did my mountain scene's on my layout. I will admit it is very time consuming but in the long run it pays off. & yes I have burned my hands a lot too with the hot glue & hot tip of the glue gun itself but after a wile you learn where not to put your hands. But the end result is awesome everyone that has seen my layout (I get how did you do the mountains did you buy them in the store like that) I reply made it by hand with cardboard webbing stapled together (I get oh wow that looks great).... But stick with it you thank yourself in the long run. if you seen my layout my back mountain scene with rock faces showing that runs the hole length of the back of my layout & the left side of my layout took me 5 months to complete with scenery working on it few hours at night after work & long hours on the weekends.

jonathan

Hope it's not too annoying that I keep posting updates.

Anyway, I went through my first batch of plaster cloth today.  So, I celebrated by cleaning the tracks and running some trains, just to make sure everything is still in order.

If I can get photobucket to cooperate, I'll post some pix here.  I can't cover my access holes, yet, as I have some important electronics to finish.  I don't have all the parts I need.

Regards,

Jonathan

Jerrys HO

QuoteHope it's not too annoying that I keep posting updates.

Boring? excuse my french but HELL NO!
Inspiring YES! Talented YES! Entertaining YES!
Your Picasso, Michelangelo in the train world  ;D
Please keep it going. I never thought a smaller layout would work for you but again I stand dumbfounded.

I have been very disappointed with Photobucket lately. Lots of adds and slow loading because of the adds popping in.

Len

Quote from: Jerrys HO on October 23, 2016, 02:15:07 PM
I have been very disappointed with Photobucket lately. Lots of adds and slow loading because of the adds popping in.

I use AdBlocker Plus with Firefox and it pretty much eliminates that problem.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jbrock27

Quote from: jonathan on October 23, 2016, 01:41:33 PM
Hope it's not too annoying that I keep posting updates.

Regards,

Jonathan

No, of course it's not annoying.  Why on earth would you even think or say that?!?
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Is there any alternative that will perform the same function and work here?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

Quote from: jbrock27 on October 23, 2016, 07:55:28 PM

Is there any alternative that will perform the same function and work here?

Oh there are plenty but I have most if not all my picture's there and would hate to lose any pic's. I am not as savvy. on a computer as most

jbrock27

What else is out there that will work here like Photobucket does?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

Like Len stated there is Firefox and on some of my other forums some use Tapatalk and download them from their phone's.
I'm not sure how many are out there but I know there are different one's