Conversion couplers for Bachmann G scale tender and cars

Started by PennGG1, September 03, 2016, 06:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennGG1

I have recently set up a Bachmann G scale Big Hauler train set. It is item number 90-0100 and consists of a battery operated locomotive and tender with sound powered by cable from the locomotive. I have the radio remote controller and, with some modifications to the back of the boiler, have made the engine run on the track that came with the set. I do not have any cars so, am planning to buy a few. Bachmann HQ in Philadelphia tells me this train set was made in the late 1980s and is no longer made or supported. The engine and tender have hook and loop connectors. The cars made currently have knuckle couplers. I would like to buy old cars with hook and loop connectors if anyone can tell me a source. If not I would like to buy cars with knuckle couplers if someone can tell me a source of a conversion coupler that I can install on the rear of the tender. The four wheel truck and hook and loop coupler on the tender are all one piece so I will need to replace the truck as well as the coupler.

Also, I am currently powering the engine with six D cell batteries. The engine has a plug to receive cable from a rechargeable 7.2v battery. I have read that the D cells will use up rapidly and it is better to use rechargeables. Can anyone tell me the brand and the specific battery as well as a source of such a battery? - Rechargeables come in many different sizes and shapes and some have connectors and some don't.

Thanks for all the help,

GG1

Jhanecker2

To PennGG1:   you might want to move your  Post to the Large Scale  Board where you will  more and faster attention .  John2.