Knapford Station Platform track spacing

Started by jleight, March 29, 2017, 03:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jleight

I am trying to figure out how to arrange my HO Knapford Station Platforms so the track is spaced properly.  I am told that the spacing of the platforms is 112mm which is 4.409" center to center of the track.  That doesn't seem to line up with any standard spacing of track, especially EZ-Trak so I am wondering how others have designed their layouts to accommodate this off-beat spacing. I know I could use flexible track or not try to coordinate the set curves but what fun would that be?  Suggestions?  Thanks.  ???

Titanic5972

Don't forget too that since it is designed for use with the Bachmann E-Z track system with the plastic base that it may well be quite high above normal track without the base. I can't confirm that but I would say it is higher than normal platforms.

Regards, Ryan

jleight

Good point.  I am planning on using EZ-Track since the turntable and Tidmouth Sheds are set up with EZ-Track.  The EZ Track is somewhat limiting since you can't ease things a slight amount to accommodate slight offsets and the like.  I am trying to figure out if some combination of switches or small pieces like 44592 could be used to set up such slight weird dimensions.  I could see if switches could be used to produce such an offset and would fit into the scheme of a station, however I am not seeing anything so far that could produce a dimension which this platform was designed.