News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N scale loco gears

Started by Tissa, September 07, 2016, 04:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tissa

Hi,

I have a few older generation N scale locomotives. Does anyone know where I can buy gear wheels for the trucks as they are worn out and spares are not available on line from BachMan?

Thanks.
Tissa.

Mike C

You might NWSL  ( North West Short Line )  , but I doubt that they will have anything .  It's probably easiest to just buy a better newer loco . The newest locos do run better .

Tissa

Thanks, Mike. It is such a waste to throw away. But you are correct.

Fred Klein

I wouldn't necessarily discard the older locos. They make great non-running props for the layout (yard, sidings, next to repair shop, etc.). One nice thing is that you can use them as a basis for a super-detailing project and if it doesn't work out, you don't feel half as bad as if you had trashed a new loco. (Don't ask me how I know  :o)
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

Tissa

Thanks, that is an idea. I got in to N scale by accident. Just because I picked up some stuff in a closeout sale. I am seriously considering selling off everything and going to HO. I have several sets and Locos in near new condition in boxes as I kept collecting but never built a layout. But that takes a lot of space. I could sell those and buy new N scale stuff, but that is also a hassle.

I wish someone starts manufacturing those gears-there will be many of us who will order them.

Thanks.

RGW

You can find used engines with newer gears on ebay. Look for engine with Black axle gears. I up graded some Plus F7s with the Non DCC spectrum chassis.

Tissa

Thanks, I have and no luck so far. Especially the first wheel that engages with the worm.