News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Figure 8

Started by DTrain, November 25, 2007, 10:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTrain

I saw a post on this topic from about 4 months ago that mentioned that you could use the following E-Z Track pieces to make a figure 8.  Eighteen 18" radius, four 6" tracks, four 9" tracks, four 2" pieces and a 90 degree crossover.

I also saw that this can be accomplished with twenty-two 18" radius and one 30 degree crossover (44540).

1.I have all of the above (one of the 18" is a rerailer w/ power) except the four 6" straight pieces.  I do not see any 6" pieces, will four 5" pieces work?

2.For the 30 degree scenario I still need two more 18" radius and the 30 degree.  Is the first option preferred of the second or will either work?

the Bach-man

Dear D Train,
If you substitute 5" sections your rail joints will be strained. Use option 2, even though you need a couple of more pieces.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Terry Toenges

You can use 8 three inch pieces to replace the 4 six inch pieces.
Feel like a Mogul.

DTrain

Thanks to everybody for your advice.

richard ehrhart

I just received the Overland Limited set with 22" radius curvesand the 14 piece ez track pier set with 18" radius curves to make an elevated figure eight. There are no instructions as to what combination of 18" and 22" curves to use. Can anyone help?