News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dash 8 40 ? 6 axle and curves

Started by bsamot69, September 19, 2016, 07:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsamot69

my Dash 8 (?) 6 axle locomotive derails on my EZ track layout curves.  i am assuming the curves are too tight for my 6 axle...as my 4 axle Dash 8 c has no problem.  newbie question, "does EZ track provide larger radius curved track, like the old 18r, 22r, brass nickel silver track?"  all the EZ track i have is the 1 radius.  your patience is appreciated:))

jward

two things.
first, the 6 axle dash 8s are too big for the 18r curves that come in the train sets. would suggest that you use 22r or larger radii.

second, there is no such thing as a 4 axle dash 8 c. all 4 axle locomotives are by definition b trucks, not c. the 4 axle version of a c40-8 is a b40-8, which was made by walthers. if that is what you have, yes, it will negotiate 18r curves. it is also a much shorter locomotive than the 6 axle versions.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

bsamot69

oops, my bad, read label wrong.  thanks for confirming my "suspicions".   my new mission, acquire some "22r" ez track:)

jward

ez track offers 22r, 26r, 28r 33.25r and 35r. atlas has 24r sections as well. there is a good selection of larger radius track readily available.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

quark51

I have Bachmanns 8-40C and 8-40CW and I run them on 18r ez track with no problems. On my layout I have two ovals the outside one has 22r ez track and the inside one has 18r ez track connected by turnouts.