bachmann 63205 and bachmann 63210

Started by fzip, September 20, 2016, 07:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fzip

what is the difference between these two locomotives

ACY

fzip

I saw these two engines on the internet on sale with dcc sound . the 63210 on sale for 69 dollars while the 63205 was much higher

ACY

The cheaper one is old stock, and likely on clearance.

fzip

does the dynamic brake feature work on bachmann with dcc sound? If so would the unit have a winding sound when operating in muted mode?

fzip

The bachmann s4 unit with dcc sound is very nice

Hunt

Quote from: fzip on September 21, 2016, 11:47:41 AM
does the dynamic brake feature work on bachmann with dcc sound? If so would the unit have a winding sound when operating in muted mode?

Dynamic brake is not a feature of a factory installed Sound Value decoder in a Bachmann HO ALCO S4.

fzip

fzip

Does bachmann have any locomotives with full soundtrax decoders

jward

Quote from: Hunt on September 21, 2016, 02:49:04 PM
Quote from: fzip on September 21, 2016, 11:47:41 AM

Dynamic brake is not a feature of a factory installed Sound Value decoder in a Bachmann HO ALCO S4.
that is probably because few, if any, alco s2 or s4 units had dynamic brakes. in fact, only a handful of switcher types ever had this feature.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

ACY

Quote from: fzip on September 24, 2016, 11:35:16 AM
Does bachmann have any locomotives with full soundtrax decoders
I think all current production HO locomotives only have the Sound Value (limited function) decoders, there have been some in the past in the Spectrum product line with a full featured decoder. Examples would be the 2-6-6-2 (C&O or W&LE), the 4-8-4 N&W J Class among others...

fzip

fzip

my bachmann 63210 alco s4 with dcc sound
has a whining sound when running in muted option  any ideas how i can remedy this problem

Hunt

Quote from: fzip on September 26, 2016, 08:23:18 PM
my bachmann 63210 alco s4 with dcc sound
has a whining sound when running in muted option  any ideas how i can remedy this problem

A whining sound usual suspect source is dry motor bearings. Place one very small drop of  a model train Motor Bearing lube (you can use a model train light gear lube) on each motor bearing. While you are at it, lube all the lube points on the locomotive.

Click Here to view part of a Bachmann video.