News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How about adding a 2-6-0. an 8-18d 2-6-0

Started by Dbarefoot, September 27, 2016, 09:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksivils

In converting the 4-6-0 to a 4-4-0 in the photo you posted, did you make any changes to the frame, i.e. shortening the frame?

If you can't get someone to make what you want, make it yourself. I would be interested to know how you made the conversion.

hminky

There is no conversion just a flanged driver in the second driver slot.

The Mantua Ten-Wheeler doesn't scale well to O scale producing a much too small locomotive:

Making it a 4-4-0 makes it a late 1880's S scale or early 55n3 locomotive.

There are no HO locomotives that transfer to O scale well.

Harold

Royce Wilson

We have been begging for that 4-4-0 since Bachman produced the first Mogul in On30 in 1998 and all we ever hear is it want clear the minimum radius yet there were large engines made that can't handle less than 22 radius.

This 4-4-0,2-6-0(Baldwin) was the backbone of American narrow gauge and would make a great addition to any latout.

Royce

ScottyB

Anything from the g scale line would be welcome in on30. They are stunning and I own a few Bachmann g scale locos despite not having anywhere to run them. Gorgeous.

I'll take whatever they offer but I'd still love to see a Mason Bogie.

Scott

P. S. Good to see Harold back!
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

finderskeepers

Ok, so why exactly does every engine have to be able to negotiate 18" radius curves? If you've built your layout to accommodate MMI engines and cars by San Juan, you can't possibly operate on 18", you've built your layout to 30" or better. Mine is actually 40", so this insistence on being able to negotiate impossibly tight curves is actually hampering the production of models that a lot is us want to see produced. Anyone for a 3 truck Shay? I'm in!

Ken Clark

A 60ton 3truck would suit me fine, as their were at least 6 built for 2&1/2 Ft gauge (aka On30), could use one for my Copper mine.

Ken C
   GWN

Anubis

Yes please!!

A 3-truck Shay sounds wonderful!!

(I have a couple of the old Roundhouse (?) units in HO scale, but a nice big, clanking one in On30 would suit me down to the ground. I'm not very taken with that spindly T-boiler thing that they produced some years back....)

John

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

Dbarefoot

I really do hate to beat a dead horse, but I highly think that a proper narrow gauge locomotive from the 19th century would in the best interest in Bachmann. As I'm seeing, there hasn't been alot of interest in On30. If a 19th century locomotive such as the beautiful 8-18d 2-6-0, that has major possibility's for conversions to a 4-4-0, to logging locomotives and so much more. Bachmann in my humble opinion, "and I don't want to hear any complaints about my opinion" Bachmann has not been doing so well in the community. This is why I am putting this suggestion up. You've already got these engines in 1:24.3, so I don't understand why not in On30.

Rock On!
~Dusten

ebtnut

Bachmann's On30 line has been straddling the boundary between "scale" and "toy" from the beginning.  I'm not casting aspersions here, it's marketing.  They already had a big investment in HO, including the EZTrack.  This worked fine for train sets aimed at the youngsters opening presents on Christmas and hopefully getting interested enough to go buy more train stuff.  Essentially all of the On30 equipment has been intended to operate on the 18" EZTrack curves, which limits the design of motive power to short wheelbase steamers, or diesels.  The 8-18d Mogul has a driver wheelbase that's just about as long as a 2-8-0.  My On3 NWSL brass version doesn't like curves less than about 36", and that's after I removed the flanges on the center driver.  I just don't see them going down this path. 

Dbarefoot

Well the they had the C&S 2-6-0 to work fine on 18" curves. Even the Forney locomotive with it's tender is able to navigate the radius. They can do it. The G scale models also navigate very tight curves too.

Rock On!
~Dusten

Royce Wilson

Dusted,

the problem Bachmann would have with the Baldwin 2-6-0 is they probably could not make enough.

Royce

Dbarefoot

I mean they would sell greatly! C'mon Bachmann, Give us an engine that's good for kit bashing into what most narrow gauge railroads had. They had stuff from the 19th century and converted them as time went on. They recently restored the Glennbrook locomotive, which is a master piece. A lot of models can kit bash the engines into 2nd hand logging locos, or use them as 1st class locomotives in the 1800s.

The can go from this

to this

Rock On!
~Dutsten

Royce Wilson

Please,please,please,please,please,. Mr.Bachmann we need that Baldwin 2-6-0 or the 4-4-0.

Royce

Dbarefoot

Please please please please purty please, with sugar and cherry on top.

This locomotive has so much potential to be one of your best all time sellers!!!

Rock On!
~Dusten

Royce Wilson

It's so funny that a competitor made a C-16 that had molded on details and derailed traveling in reverse and the flanged domes were awful yet they keep being sought after and hard to get.

People never give up on attempting to converting HO running gears to a 4-4-0 so please Mr. Bachmann just give us what you make in Fn3 ,you already have the plans for a 3 truck shay and the Baldwin 2-6-0 and the C-19.

Royce