News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DYNAMIS DCC

Started by ALBRAT44, October 01, 2016, 08:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALBRAT44

Can anyone tell me if when I power up my Bachmann Dynamis receiver command station if there is any voltage supposed to be coming out of the track connections?  I cannot seem to get any loco to program.  I have 2 of the systems and neither command station has ANY voltage coming out on either of the track power terminals.  I do have 16.44 volts at the plug power cord and the green light comes on

Hunt

Should be constant DCC voltage (a bipolar DC signal which is a AC square wave form)  from the Command Station track output terminals except when the Dynamis system is in a Service Mode. When in Service Mode the default setting is no power to the track. The track is powered up only the split second as programming commands are sent to the decoder, which is too short of time to be seen with a multimeter.

Never connect more than one DCC Command Station of any make to the same layout. If you have, you have damaged one or both Command Stations.  Identify the two DCC systems you have. How is Command Station connected to track?

There are decoder addressing restrictions- so how, what address, and what decoder are you trying to program?

ALBRAT44

ALL I HAVE DONE IS POWER IT UP AND ON BOTH RECEIVERS I HAVE 16.44 VOLTA GOING IN AND ZERO VOLTS GOING OUT TO THE TRACK.  ARE THE RECEIVERS DEFECTIVE?  SHOULDNT THEY BE PUTTING OUT FULL VOLTAGE TO TRACK?  I CANT GET ANY LOCOS TO PROGRAM AND THERE IS ZERO VOLTAGE TO TRACK FROM COMMAND CONTROL

Hunt

The question, "is any voltage supposed to be coming out of the track connections?"

THE QUESTION WAS ANSWERED.