News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann rail buses and trailers

Started by william webb, October 28, 2016, 05:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

william webb

I have recently purchased a rail bus and trailer item Number 28461 Midwest Quarry and Mining and I have a couple if questions about  it.

I will be running this item in standard DC not DCC and was wondering if there is any thing I must do with regards to the decoder and the dummy plug as mentioned in the instructions.
At this time I would like to request a replacement set of gears in case I run into problems.
Is it possible for you to register this item for me as I live in Canada and am not near a Post Office to buy a USA stamp.

Thank you very much

William Webb

Fred Klein

William,

I recently purchased a Bachmann On30 0-4-2 Porter engine with DCC. I am running it on a straight DC layout. The engine ran perfectly right out of the box. As long as the documentation states that the unit has a "NMRA compliant" dual-mode decoder, you should not have to do anything. As I stated above, I didn't have to do anything to the engine. Just put it on the track and away it went. Slow running is great - smooth, no jerking. Anyway, check your documentation to make sure about the decoder and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps,
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

J. S. Bach

I bought that same set with the idea of converting the trailer to a small single-truck trolley. Alas, the car is too small even for that so it will stay a railbus trailer. :(
Later Gator,

Dave

"A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money. Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine, something Brussels sprouts never do." ~P.J. O'Rourke