News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HOn30 engines

Started by Royce Wilson, October 29, 2016, 02:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royce Wilson

When will the Bachmann HOn30 engines be ready for market?.

Royce :D

Trainman203

Royce Wilson

They are listed here on the Bachmann online catalog under HO,they list two separate HOn30 engines and freight cars.

I have seen the freight cars for sale on Ebay for sale from the Favorite Spot but not the engines.

Royce

Royce Wilson

I forgot to mention when you go to the Bachmann online catalog for HO scale then they are listed under Thomas and friends.
I will simply just remove the boiler front that has the face for a more protypical look.

Royce

Trainman203

I was hoping they'd have a line of engines like the On30 engines that look like sugar cane engines or mining engines.

Ken Clark

Bachmann Europe plans to release a WW1 Baldwin 4-6-0T in HOn30 , a fair number were sold for service on Sugar Cane and Sugar Beat line, likely they could also have been used for a mining Rly.

Another company (cannot recall who ) plans to issue a WW1 Alco 2-6-2T, also in HOn30.

Ken C
     GWN

Royce Wilson

I think I will hold out for the WW1 trench engine.

Thanks!

Royce ;D

Trainman203

How about it , Bach Man?  The same engines as in 0n30 but in HOn30.  I thought they may be too small to power but with N and Z, maybe can be done.

If we had the 4-4-0 and the Forney, I could do a Louisiana sugar plantation /  mill line.

Jerrys HO

Quote from: Trainman203 on November 06, 2016, 06:04:39 PM
If we had the 4-4-0 and the Forney, I could do a Louisiana sugar plantation /  mill line.

I have seen it done in HO a long time ago. My dad's side of the family all worked in the sugar mill.
Would love to see someone do it again.

Trainman203

What sugar mill was that ,Jerry?  Was it one associated with a plantation and having a railroad?

Jerrys HO

Quote from: Trainman203 on November 06, 2016, 11:54:18 PM
What sugar mill was that ,Jerry?  Was it one associated with a plantation and having a railroad?
From what I know it was the Godchaux refinery in Raceland and Reserve.

Len

Reserve?? Almost forgot about that place. We used to go down there when I was stationed at Biloxi AFB in the early 70's to watch Southern's operations during the sugar season. Don't think I've ever seen so many AirSlide hoppers in one place before.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Trainman203

Reserve was served by the IC and the KCS.

Here's some info about Godchaux's Reserve operation.  If these engines don't scream HOn30, don't know what would.

How about it, Mr. Bach Man?  A Godchaux 2-6-0 in HOn3.  How could you go wrong?

http://hawkinsrails.net/steam/gsc/gsc.htm

Len

I'm getting forgetful in my dotage. Southern was down in Chalmette, handling the imports for National Sugar Refinery in Reserve.

Whoever was handling them, I still don't remember ever seeing so many AirSlide hoppers in one place as I saw in Reserve.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.