News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Emily's Passenger Set HO SCALE

Started by G.trains, November 06, 2016, 02:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.trains

I am haveing traction problems with the engine, its haveing a tough time pulling what comes with the set let a lone the three extra coaches I brought . I have never had this problem with any other set I have from Bachmann. Its such a nice set. Yes the table is level.
                                   Thanks
                                        G. Trains

JD417

Don't worry, it's not just your Emily, she's deemed as one of the worst haulers. Even when she has the back wheel of her front bogie as an extra motorized wheel too. The only way you're really going to be able to get around that is to look into putting a traction tire on that back front bogie wheel I mentioned.
There's also this item called "Bullfrog Snot", it's a little jar of liquidy goo, and you just apply it to the tyre of an engine, supposedly giving it improved traction. I heard it works really well, but I've never used it myself.

G.trains

Thanks for the info. I will try it ,she is such a looker , I hate to have to box her up and put her a way.
                                  G.trains

sean1994rail

Quote from: G.trains on November 06, 2016, 04:20:04 PM
  Thanks for the info. I will try it ,she is such a looker , I hate to have to box her up and put her a way.
                                  G.trains
try starting Emily on straight track, she'll get better grip there, she is worst however on high gradients, even with just her two coaches. If you modelling Gordon's hill, don't make it too high in height for engine with low traction effort.

Metal

The problem with Emily's poor haulage capacity would have to be with her giant driving wheels, even in real life Singles were more prone to wheel slippage, but I digress. I've found one solution to the problem.
I've unscrewed the coach body from the wheelframe and removed the weights from each of the coaches, and lightly oiled the axleboxes. Emily could now pull 5 coaches with very little problems.