Sound equipped HO RS3 won't run

Started by Johnbee, November 11, 2016, 07:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnbee

My new sound equipped HO RS3 ran fine when I first tried it on the #3 default. I changed the number and I could hear noises from the loco while the settings were being changed, but after that it won't respond and the headlight is flashing. I tried setting it back to #3 with the same result. Can someone help me get it going. My Hornby DCC controller doesn't appear to be able to access CV codes.

dutchbuilder

Johnbee

I would but I can't access CV's with my controller.

dutchbuilder

How did you program?
I mean on track or on a dedicated program track.
With my Lenz equipment i can't change CV1 on track.
Only on the programming track.

Ton

Johnbee

On track with no other dcc locos on track. Looks like I need to set up a dedicated programming track. The display on my controller only has two characters and I can't find anything on line for this particular model for CV programming. Looks like I need to upgrade.

dutchbuilder

Johnbee

Thanks Ton. I have the Hornby Select, and the online manual is the same as the hard copy that came with the controller and doesn't give any information on how to set CV's. I've now ordered a Bachmann Dynamis controller which will allow me to reset the loco. I had read online that the Hornby controller may not have enough power to set up sound decoders.

dutchbuilder

Ok John , that may be the problem.
Good luck.

Ton