News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Check out my "$10.00" 4-6-0!

Started by RkyGriz, November 11, 2016, 08:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RkyGriz

Hey guys. Check out my "$10.00" 4-6-0 that I bought recently on Ebay. I replaced the original standard chassis with the Anniversary chassis from my #25 V&T loco since the original standard chassis from the "new" loco, while it does run, has issues. So I bought a brand new Anniversary chassis from our good friends here at bachmanntrains.com for the #25.
I not only replaced the chassis, but I also popped the wheel centers out of all 12 wheels and changed them out on both chassis. I believe that the original standard chassis is a version 4 (big hump in the center for the main drive gear ) and the wheels from both chassis I found to be almost totally incompatible with each other, with the sole exception being the wheel centers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GhwtEysjvk&feature=youtu.be
Anyway, I hope that you'll enjoy the video.
Thanks guys!
Andrew

charon

As usual, a nice video.
Thanks, Andrew
By the way, I haven't see your Chief Engineer lately (the cat).  Mine likes to "assist" me when I work on the trains.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

RkyGriz

Hi. You're right. There's usually at least one of the 3 beasties hanging around when I make a video. They were all out of the room "catting around" in other parts of the house. Maybe they're on strike because they all think that they're not getting enough treats to appear on camera.
LOL!