News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

adding passengers in On30 passenger cars

Started by scarpi, November 14, 2016, 03:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarpi

Hi all. I have a number of Bachmann On30 passenger cars. But they are all empty. I would like to add passengers to them, but it isn't obvious to me how to take them apart to put people inside of them. Is there any instructions on how to remove the shell so I can get to the inside to do this? Also has anybody added better lighting to the cars? If so, how did you do that also. Thanks, Don

dutchbuilder

Ik know you have to disassemble from the bottom up.
It's been a while since i did this but that is what i remember.
What i also remember is that i had to amputate the feet of the people otherwise they couldn't fit between the benches.

Ton

hminky

These figures are slightly undersized and fit the seats without alterations:

http://mthtrains.com/30-11043

Harold

Anubis

I purchased a couple of bags of those Rail King figures about 5 years back.

They are quite good, and they will fit easily into On30 sized carriages. Each figure measures out at about 4' 6" standing, so they are only useful for populating our rolling stock, rather than mixing in with other O scale figures. About 60% of them are seated, the remainder are standing: male and female.

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

dutchbuilder

The ones i use i bought in Hong Kong.
pre painted , cheap and cheerful .
Not that i use them outside the cars but inside you don't see that the paint is rubbish.
But the initial question was how to disassemble the passenger cars.

Ton

scarpi

I just bought a bag of 50 painted, seated, 1/50 scale figures from some place out of Hong Kong on Amazon. They look ok for just using in the passenger cars and are slightly smaller than typical O scale people which makes them just about right for inside the passenger cars. Only $6.00 for 50 painted figures and free shipping. And I did figure out how to get the cars apart. You just pry the roof off carefully from the top of the car body and then you disconnect the one light and pry the car body off the frame around the sides along the bottom very carefully. No screws. I will also add two more lights per car so they also will be brighter when running. Pretty simple actually. Just took a little courage to try it. Thanks all for you info, Don.

p51

On Bachmann coaches, the roofs come off if you're careful. Taking some of those cheap ePay Chinese passengers with their feet cut off above the ankles, you could use some long-nose pliers to place them into seats with ACC.
I took the entire car apart because I didn't like the lighting, and I tossed the lighting later. But the roof can come off. You'll have re-solder something into place no matter what you do to be able to get passengers inside them.
-Lee