News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Are we ever going to see a 3 truck Shay?

Started by finderskeepers, November 16, 2016, 11:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finderskeepers

Announcements were made by MMI and RichardsJohnson for a 3 truck Shay that turned out to be vapourware, but I think the interest is there for a much larger Shay than the pocket sized 14 ton model currently offered by Bachmann in On30. The climax was a nice size at close to 30 tons, but the Shay and Heisler were both among the smallest prototypes ever built. The climax was fantastic in that it could be converted to On3 in less than 30 minutes, using all of the original parts. I can see that a nice sized Shay like Westside #12 would be very much welcomed to those of us who like their engines "chunky" instead of dinky. Have a look at the Sn3 offerings from PBL and tell me you wouldn't want one
http://www.p-b-l.com/Gallery/Shays/Shay_Production_Samples_10-10-2012.html

Ken Clark

Lima built 6  60Ton 3 truck SHAYs for Braden Copper Co for service in Chile for their Copper Mine, along with
9 42 ton 2 truck, 1 45 Ton 2 truck.

SHAYlocomotives.com will have photos of them. The 3 truck engine's were SN 2753,2801,2876,2877,3013,3341
3341 was the last ng SHAY built f I recall correctly.

Ken C
    GWN

Dbarefoot

I would love to see the 8-18d 2-6-0. It's a universal engine and easily convertible!

Rock On!
~Dusten