News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann's Mixing Hopper

Started by lirrman, November 24, 2016, 02:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lirrman

At first I though it for a train to pass through,  then looked again and thought maybe it was for a truck to back into.  Can't tell if there is an opening in the rear wall for track or a truck to pass through.  Anyone know for sure?

Trainman203

How about a link, or a photo, or a model number?  No one can tell what you are talking about.

WoundedBear

Not too hard to figure out what he's talking about.............

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=258_650&products_id=4997

I'm pretty sure the track would pass right through. But what do I know?

Sid

Trainman203

Looks like the child of a cement plant and a grain elevator.  Whatever it is, it would straddle a siding and serve covered hoppers that would probably be moved through one at a time by a trackmobile or a private switch engine.

Len

If that's a concrete aggregate mixing hopper, it would normally be set up for the concrete trucks to drive through for loading. It's faster, and safer, than trying to back in for a load.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

lirrman

Thanks for the replies, but still not sure if it's for loading hoppers or trucks or if tracks go through it or it sits next to the track for trucks to load.  The above picture is the only one I've seen of this model and there is not much other information.  I would hope somebody at Bachmann would know what it is or where the prototype came from.

the Bach-man

Dear Lawn Guyland,
I believe it's to load cement mixers.

Happy Thanksgiving!
the Bach-man