Question for the Bach-man on the New 2-6-0 Mogul

Started by paultorrey, December 04, 2016, 06:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paultorrey

Hi, I've recently purchased the new Spectrum Eureka and Palisade Mogul to go with my older American Eureka and Palisade.  The Mogul like the American both advertise an Ashpan flicker.  Neither of these locomotives have that Ashpan flicker.  The firebox does flicker when the door is open but the ashpan has no lighting effects whatsoever.

I have all the other logging locos and a Forney and they all do have the ashpan flicker.

Are these new Moguls supposed to have LED lights in the ashpan to give a flicker effect?  If so, how do you activiate it?

Thanks,

Paul Torrey

paultorrey

Mr. Bach-man,

Any feedback to my question?  Really would like to know if the list of features is incorrect on these locos or if there is something special that needs to be done to activate the ash pan glow in the new 2-6-0 and the last runs of the 4-4-0s.

Thanks,

Paul Torrey

the Bach-man

Dear Paul,
I think this is a misprint, but I'll check.
I believe it's firebox only.
Sorry I missed your first podt.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

JBSahnd

Paul,

I have the new Spectrum 2-6-0 Mogul, D&RG Raton and my locomotive has the same light status. The headlight operates and the firebox light flickers, but there is NO ash pan glow.

Based on the manual that came with the locomotive, on page 16 under "Smoke Box Switches". "There are two switches behind the smoke box door (figure 19) that control the following:
    >operation of the headlight, ash pan glow and firebox flicker
    >operation of the smoke generator

Mr. Bach-mann
Could you please research if there is a ash pan light flicker feature or is this a manual misprint?

Thanks,
Jerry Sahnd

Kevin Strong

The motor's in the firebox. I know there was none on the earlier versions of the mogul, I didn't even look on the new version.

Later,

K

the Bach-man

Dear All.
Sorry, I thought this had already been answered.
There is firebox flicker, but not ashpan flicker.
Have fun!
the Bach-man