News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Layout Design Help

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 05, 2016, 02:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Hi all-
Wandered off the Thomas message board because I am in need of some help and I bet I can find someone here.

I am in need of someone with skill in designing an HO/OO layout/design/track plan for my table. I've never been very good at making or designing layouts, just don't have the eye for it I suppose.

If anyone is willing to help I would truly appreciate it.

I only have a few guidelines:
- Must be an online software (to be as accurate as possible)
- Must have a list of all track pieces used and where they correspond on the layout
- Must be in HO/OO scale
- I am open to different track brands, but preferably Atlas as I have a good amount of that already

If you are interested in helping shoot me a PM. We can talk specifics such as table size and requirements for the layout there.

Thanks in advance,
Griffin
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

jbrock27

Have you looked into SCARM?  It is a program for designing a layout and has a data base for the track you have.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

I have, but unfortunatly I have a Mac so it wouldn't be able to work (I don't think).
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

jbrock27

Not sure either chum.

I loaded the programming at one time and then scrapped using it and ended up putting down track the old fashioned way, modifying lengths and curves using Xuron Rail Cutters.  Best a luck  :)
Keep Calm and Carry On

Len

Except for 3D renderings, SCARM will run on a Mac using "Wine Bottler": http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

There's a thread on the SCARM site about it: http://www.scarm.info/blog/general/running-scarm-on-apple-mac/

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Trainman203

Another good thing for a track plan is to have "Point A"  and "Point B" to run operations between.  That's what real railroads do.