News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Assembling HO Spectrum 2-8-0

Started by AlanC, February 16, 2007, 12:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GN.2-6-8-0

Quote from: SteamGene on March 16, 2007, 05:15:00 PM
Is it possible that the sound DCC 2-8-0 has the wires coming from the loco to the tender in order to make more room for decoder and speaker?  If so, I guess one can only try to tuck the too long wires into the boiler shell.
This goes back to uniformity!
Gene

This is correct,the Spectrum DCC/Sound equiped locos have the wire harness protuding from the under frame of the engine not the tender.
Advice was given to also cement a small 1/4' piece of plastic to the rear of the frame which will hold the wires up out of harms way keeping them from snagging anything. that plus a bit of weight in the front of the tender and you should be good to go!!
Rocky Lives

MarcF

Alanc. I'am totally with you.

Mine, new from last week, has exact same issue.  The 2-8-0 Tsunami DCC Spectrum has receptacles on the tender for the 2 cable bundles from the engine, no external wires from tender.

Tucking the wires back in means taking the engine apart as the 2 bundles are in different sections of engine.  One bundle is for pickup. Other is for the LED and motor. 

Alanc did you get any instructions on how or what to lube in you box.  All I have is quick ref, the CD,  the exploded view and warranty papers that state I must lube the engine or void the warranty.  Show me were/how  to lube and I will.

I tried to phone Bachmann support. Ring, ring, ring, ring.

Disapointed

Oh yes. I'm still looking for Fireman Fred.  He's buried in the user/programing guide somewhere,  i hope.  Maybe in the mixer CV's

Scott S

Alanc, MArcF -
If you try calling support, heed the advice given in countless threads on this board, and by the Bach-man himself, use the 215 number. In the words of one regular contributor, use your dime, not theirs.

AlanC

Hey guys,
  Thanks for the help.  Am i missing something.  All I see for service is an 800 number and a 215 Fax number.  Was there something else?

Not really impressed with this group.  If I have an axle out of gauge, people think you can fix it with more weight?  I have tried squeezing it while twisting it but the gauge does not change.  I have even removed a wheel and put it back onto the axle.  But I can narrow its gauge.

Fireman Fred?  I suspect it is not there at all.  This Tsunami has different programming and function keys than the standard one you buy separately.  The ads for this engine don't list it as a feature.  I miss the shoveling, ratcheting, and greasing sounds.

Do you think that maybe I could get some more axles from Bachman that would be in gauge?  Wonder if I have any kind of receipt.  Bought it from MicroMart recently.  Frustrating when you spend good money for engine that won't run.

I could steal one from an older engine I have but I was hoping to fix the problem with its pickups no longer touching the wheels.  Wonder how such a  thing happens over time? ???

Alan C.