News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Blue Star- Locomotive wont move

Started by standback14, December 16, 2016, 04:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

standback14

I received my new blue star ez app set... set it up... downloaded app, uploaded firmware... when I go to throttle up... I hear the locomotive internals trying to do "something"... I put a different HO loco on the track and def getting power... same when plugging a DC pack into the track.  But; this locomotive wont move..

UPDATE:  I sort of "gently moved the wheels to see if something was stuck" and... out of nowhere- the train is moving on the track as it should...  Do you recommend I return this to walmart for a replacement? 

standback14

im just gonna return it... seems to be of poor quality.

Bucksco

No need to return the locomotive. When folks have problems getting things going it is natural to assume the problem is with the loco when in actuality there are many other variables on the railroad that could be the culprit. Your situation sounds like dirty track. If you haven't cleaned the rails in a while dirt can be inhibiting the signal to the Bluetooth board and causing it to reset itself due to power drop out. You might also check your wiring connections. Another important step would be to apply a small amount of oil to the moving points on the locomotives running gear.
We take pride for in the quality of our products and stand behind it 100 percent. If you have any problems please contact our service department and they will do everything possible to help you.