News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mr. Bach Man - HELP!

Started by bnoem1, December 17, 2016, 01:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnoem1

Dear Mr. Bach Man:

Help us Mr. Bach Man, you're our only hope.  We n scalers are in great need of a quality USRA type 4-6-2.  DCC equipped would be nice, but the other maker of this model doesn't measure up to the detail and quality of Bachmann locos. 

the Bach-man

Dear BN,
Since we've just done USRA Mikes and Pacifics in HO I'd say it's a possibility.
I'll pass along your thoughts.
Merry Christmas!
the Bach-man

in_eden

YES! I mean... yes please.
I'll have several in B&O.
4-6-2 and/or 2-8-2.

Maybe Erie too?
I know. I'm Pushing it.

brokemoto

Quote from: in_eden on December 22, 2016, 11:08:55 PM
I'll have several in B&O. 4-6-2 and/or 2-8-2.

At least B-mann put correct numbers on these and the proper tender.  I would expect that if Bachpersonn does these in N, they would have the correct numbers and tenders.  Further, I would expect B-mann's to be better than the Model Power/MRCs.   Why MRC did not correct some of the glaring deficiencies in the old MP designs, I do not know.  They did try to compensate for the half-wheels live tenders by making the pilot trucks live, but that is poor compensation.  If I can swap the stock MP tender for a B-mann SPECTRUM tender, something that many of us smokeheads have done with the MP, MRC could have done similarly.  Further, I would expect that the B-manns would have separately applied handrails and other details, which is the current standard.

As a B&O modeller, I would be in for more than one pacific and mikado.   The MPs just did not get it and the allegedly "improved" MRC version ain't that much improved.

RGPerkins

Brokemoto et al.,
I also model B&O and have Bachmann steam locomotives.
I am very interested in the new 2-8-0 with dcc and sound that is forth-coming.
I hope to reletter a couple for B&O even though they many not be totally of the B&O style.
Delighted to they are coming.  ;D

brokemoto

B-mann lettered and numbered its B&O 2-8-0 for an E-27, which was the most numerous and latest 2-8-0 on the railroad.  The B-mann locomotive does not look much like an E-27.  The most glaring difference is the cab., but there are others.  What is funny is that it does look much like an E-60, which was a Buffalo and Susquehanna locomotive.   The E-60s did migrate to the rest of the B&O.  When B&O sold the B&S in the 1950s, it retained the B&S locomotives that were on B&O property.