Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tinkering with the Baby Trainmaster

Started by jonathan, December 20, 2016, 04:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiebreaker

Quote from: jbrock27 on December 31, 2016, 02:31:30 PM
Yea, I check YouTube all the time.

I search too but I am looking for some expert advice. I'll keep looking or waiting for Jonathan to reply but thank you anyway.

jbrock27

What's the problem with searching out the YouTube I directed you to, to see how some one installed ditch lights ??? ::)
Keep Calm and Carry On

jonathan

Tiebreaker, I'm no expert, especially on ditch lights. The problem with built in flashers, you can't get much smaller than 3mm LEDs. One needs something in the SMD range to light ditchers. The flasher unit would be a separate purchase and must be small enough to fit inside the shell.

Afraid YouTube may be your best bet.

Regards,

Jonathan

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

tiebreaker

Thanks  Jonathan for your reply. I did not know if the LED's you used come any smaller.

jbrock27

Did you try searching, like, the Internet?
Keep Calm and Carry On

tiebreaker

Is there a point to keep pushing the internet search. I joined this forum for possible help in areas I am not familiar with. Apparently you are an internet junkie as you have no relevant information to provide and from what I have seen on other posts by you  there seems to be a lot of sarcastic remarks by you and that is not the path I will take.

tiebreaker

Thanks Bapguy! My INTERNET search did not even bring this up.
I figured someone here could help.
I am good with soldering and only have one I am interested in doing so I may be in the near future taking advantage of this site.
Thanks again

jbrock27

Quote from: tiebreaker on December 31, 2016, 07:29:21 PM
Is there a point to keep pushing the internet search.

Yea, there is, as proof right here:

Quote from: bapguy on December 31, 2016, 09:10:14 PM
Check these guys out.   Joe

http://www.ngineering.com/lghting%20effects%20for%20the%20railroad.htm

There is no reason you could not have found that yourself, as Joe did.

I get that you have come here for help friend and I am glad to take my own time to provide it, as I have done for others in the past, but you don't strike me as the kinda cat who wants to take any control or responsibility or effort to search out answers to your questions.  Even after a suggestion is thrown you way.   I am not your guy if you are looking to get spoon feed and have someone do YOUR leg work for you.  Don't be lazy, this hobby is about research, learning and doing.  Learn how to use the Internet as the best tool that could ever happen to this hobby.  I don't know what prompted your attitude toward me, but I suggest you tone it down some.
Keep Calm and Carry On

tiebreaker

Mr. Brock,
Yes I do research a lot of things but there are times when the wording is a little different you may not find the information such as Bapguy provided. My search did not yield that info that I am so grateful for.

If your suggestion is everyone should use the internet to search for answers then answer this for me...
What good is this or any other forum?
Why does Bachmann have a forum called "Ask the Bachmann"?

You state the help you give others? What may that be?  Degrading is not help. Need an example? In another post just recently it was asked about a 2-10-0 issue and the only unintelligent response was yours about the dirty track. Although my answer was not correct and Mr. Sid had the correct answer, what was cleaning the track going to do to fix it?

I read a lot of posts on here and you seem to enjoy bickering with most. Why does Bachmann allow this sort of behavior? I was under the assumption this forum was for all ages and all questions. A friendly forum it is not and you seem to be in most if not all of the bad situations.

I guess this forum was not for me and I should take my questions and turn them into searches on the net to yield the answers I look for.

There is more I could say but you are not worth my time.

jbrock27

You seem to have an anger issue my good man (or woman for all I know, I have no way of knowing).  I hope that 2017 brings about a change to your disposition.

Quote from: tiebreaker on December 31, 2016, 11:37:40 PM
I do research a lot of things but there are times when the wording is a little different

Then try changing the order of the words, try using different words, try putting words in quotes...

What good is this or any other forum?

This forum has its uses and its limitations.  My suggestion is not to resign yourself to getting info strictly from this one.  Much like what I believe in not getting all your news from one source...

Why does Bachmann have a forum called "Ask the Bachmann"?

If you stick around long enough here, you will discover the true meaning and answer your own question.

You state the help you give others? What may that be?  I read a lot of posts on here and you seem to enjoy bickering with most.  

If you truly read through the history of my posts, you would see that I have spent more than my fair share of time helping others. But I suspect you did not and instead are simply seeking to disparage my reputation with your baseless comments.  To say I "enjoy bickering" is as far from a truthful statement as you can make, but I understand you're making it bc I am not in complete agreement with you.  I don't shy away from sharing my opinion or noting my disagreeing with the opinions of others when warranted, under the same principle of it not being a good idea to accept or receive all your information from one source. ;)

Degrading

Hmmmm, I have seen this word and other words that begin with "D" before....  Don't agree that I degrade, demean or any of the other words that begin with "D", people.

In another post just recently it was asked about a 2-10-0 issue and the only unintelligent response was yours about the dirty track.

I had asked sedfred,the OP, why he kept dirty track.  That you don't find the intelligence in questioning that, well, frankly I think speaks to your intelligence about the importance of having clean track.

I was under the assumption this forum was for all ages and all questions. A friendly forum

It is for all ages and it is a friendly Forum. :)

...you seem to be in most if not all of the bad situations.

I disagree with you completely on this.  What is the motivation behind your attempts to disparage my reputation?

I guess this forum was not for me

Please remain.  I promise you that any other questions you post that I see I can provide assistance on, I will gladly do so. :)

I should take my questions and turn them into searches on the net to yield the answers I look for.

All I have been suggesting, is make an effort, an attempt to do research first, then bounce ideas off here.  That is just good practice.  Why have to rely strictly on what someone else tells you w/o having some background info first.  It just makes common sense.  Would you buy a car w/o doing any research on it first, or would you just completely rely on what the salesman tells you?

you are not worth my time.

No need to be dismissive.  Ok to think it if you want, but would appreciate your not posting/saying it.  It really is unnecessary and low brow to say the least.

Knowing how to solder is going to serve you very well in this hobby.  It is an excellent skill to have. :)
Keep Calm and Carry On

tiebreaker

As I stated before you are not worth my time.
Thank you for reassuring my need for soldering skills as I have been in this hobby for quite some time.
My intention of joining this forum as well as other forums was more for ideas and just to get different opinions on things.
Never in my life did I dream of being belittled by someone who assumes everyone who signs up knows nothing of the hobby.
As far as your reputation goes... You must have a need to protect what seems to be an internet modeler otherwise you would just let it go and move on but I have this inclination that you will not let go until you have the final word.
So go on with your closing statements as this will end mine with you.

@Sid, your advice is well taken but should be shared with others.

jbrock27

You're seeing and sensing things that are not there friend :D

Clearly, you cannot even accept a positive and complimentary comment your way, without a snarky, negatively toned remark.  Sad for you friend.

Why don't you ask Sid what his opinion of me is?  ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On

tiebreaker

Why?He will not change my opinion of you. I need no clarification of my OWN opinion but apparently you do.

Quote from: jbrock27 on January 01, 2017, 11:36:11 AM
Why don't you ask Sid what his opinion of me is?  ;)