News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum Range???

Started by rogertra, December 28, 2016, 09:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Mr. B.

Why are questions about the future of the Spectrum range of steam locomotives, among the finest and best detailed steam ever produced in rtr plastic, not permitted on the forum and are regularly deleted?

My steam fleet consists mainly of Spectrum steam and I have little interest in less detailed engines.

Cheers

Roger T.

Trainman203

I for one miss them, even though I have all I will ever need.  The detail level equals brass but the big difference is that Spectrum steam engines , unlike brass, run great and with CV tweaking can be made to crawl as slowly as the prototypes. 

WoundedBear

I have a strong urge to say something sarcastic here.......but I'll bite my tongue and wait for the official response.

Sid

James in FL

QuoteI have a strong urge to say something sarcastic here.......but I'll bite my tongue and wait for the official response.

;)

rogertra

Both the USRA light 4-6-2 and the 2-8-2 would have been candidates for purchase, at least two of each but as they are not Spectrum, I'm afraid they are no longer candidates.

Yes, I do have two of the DCC Sound Value 2-6-0s but only because I needed two smaller engines for branch passenger service and adding detail to small engines is not a major challenge.   And yes, they run nicely.

Cheers

Roger T.

Bucksco

Basically because it is repetitive......
Bachmann has answered the question numerous times and makes business decisions based on current economic trends in the model train market.
We like making trains for you and continually strive to make a better product that is affordable and easy to service.
We note your feelings and concerns.