News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Coca Cola Christmas Train

Started by manofthesea, December 30, 2016, 07:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiebreaker

From what I've read you are talking about the "B" unit correct?  I am not sure if the Bradford Exchange uses powered B units or not but it can be easily checked by removing the shell, remove the fuel tank and there are 4 screws holding the shell on. Lift the shell off and you will have your answer. The chassis is thee same as the "A" unit so if it is a dummy this would explain the weight of the unit. I have a "B" unit I removed the motor from one to run a ABBA with the first A & B unit only one's powered.

Len

And alternative to the "hobby" oils mentioned earlier is modern sewing machine oil. The modern stuff is safe for plastics, it often comes in a plastic bottle, and light enough for HO trains. If you have a very old can of sewing machine oil laying around, it may not be plastic safe.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

WoundedBear

http://images.zep.com/zepcorporate/els/0095%20Zepreserve_GHS_1040434-3_LBL_0215J.pdf

There's his product label. Says right on it that it may damage certain plastic surfaces.

I wonder how many people actually read the fine print on things? ???

Sid

jbrock27

Quote from: manofthesea on January 07, 2017, 06:46:35 PM
Thanks to everyone....lubricant than wd 40.

You're welcome. :)  Just for your info, WD-40 is less of a lubricant than it is a chemical to remove water.  The WD stands for "Water Dispersal".  An aerosol that lubes is something like, Silicone spray.

To clean track, I like to also use Wahl Clipper oil, applied with a Costmetic/Makeup Q-Tip (leaves no fibers like a common Q-Tip).  Excess can always be wiped up with cotton cloth, one that does not leave threads or fibers.

Quote from: WoundedBear on January 07, 2017, 07:50:29 PM
I wonder how many people actually read the fine print on things? ???

Sid

You're spot on as usual; I wonder how many people read period.  LOL :D

Quote from: Plow Bender on January 07, 2017, 08:41:07 PM
Mr. jbrock27 wasn't being sarcastic, he was making a valid statement.  A few to be exact.

-Rusty

Correctamundo.  Thank you. ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On