News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What model # Bachman EZ Command decoder

Started by blowncobra04, January 02, 2017, 02:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blowncobra04

I just purchased new a Bachman Model #63525 C&O GP-40 DCC Ready Diesel and I want to add a EZ Command Decoder  so I can run it on my DCC  EZ Command set. What Model # of Bachman Decoder do I need? I see they have a Model 44296 and a Model 44915. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Flare

You want item 44915, it has the plug pre-installed that will fit the socket in your locomotive.

I suspect the differences between the non-plug versions is the one with a longer PCB has a dual mode decoder for compatibillity with analog layouts while the short PCB version is DCC only.  Though I haven't confirmed this.

blowncobra04

Thanks! I haven't been involved in Model Railroading in way too many years. Kind of surprised as too how hi tech this hobby has become. Kind of had the urge to try my hand in HO for awhile so I took the plunge over the Holidays. Starting out with a ping pong table layout and will see how far this will take me.

richiy

The manual for onboard non sound Bachmann locos. They run on DC also but power pack has to be turned up higher than a loco wired for only DC. The microprocessor has to see five volts DC before waking up. Maybe a volt or two more for the loco to begin moving.
I had the one with short leads a few years ago.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/images/44913_Decoder_IS.pdf

richiy