News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Walthers Announced ON30 Items

Started by Hamish K, February 02, 2007, 09:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

As Melinda noticed, Walthers have put up a list of newly announced Bachmann items. Not much new for On30, a few new roadlnames for some rolling stock, and for the 2-6-0 (unlettered but in bumblebee livery) and the 0-4-2 (Greenbrier and Big Run Lumber).

No indication as to whether these locos are upgraded at all or simply new names, Bach Man can you enlighten?

The most intriguing listing is a new set "Spectrum Diesel On30 Northern Lights Limited" No indication as to what is in it or what the locomotive is - the Davenport? - but then that shouldn't be called a diesel. Bach Man, have you any information on this? I understand that if Walthers have jumped the gun you may not be able to comment on these announcements yet although I assume that they are in the catalogue that is being released.

Are there any further ON30 announcements to come in the near future? - I have not been expecting many major ON30 announcements at this stage as these items tend to appear at the end of the year and under my reading of the new announcements policy  they would not be announced yet.

Not anticipating just yet

Hamish .

jayl1

At $850 retail, it is probably a G gauge engine - like the one listed above it on Walthers website.

Hamish K

The 4-4-0 listed on the Walthers site as ON30 does appear, as Melinda posted, to be Large Scale. However the Northern Lights diesel set, at $305 retail, does seem to be ON30, as do the new roadnames for the 2-6-0 and 0-4-2t.

Hamish

the Bach-man

Dear All,
There's no  diesel in the print catalog. I'll look into it and see if any info is available...
Thanks!
the Bach-man

max (uk)

oh but i wanted a diesel...maybe i can still hope for another logging loco.

Id like a Hiesler or a bigger shay...or maybe a tank engine of some sort.