News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CV question syncing speed and sound

Started by jrl2442, December 30, 2016, 10:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrl2442

very much a noobie with CV adjusting.    just reset CV 5 to 64 and CV6 to 32- at speed step 28 i am getting the max engine speed that i want to keep my grandson from doing wheelies in the yard.   sound, however, at speed step 28 is still acting like i am going 100 mph.

what CV(s) do i need to adjust so that sound syncs with speed?   

thanks for your help.

NCE Power Cab
Heisler with Bachmann Sound Module

jrl2442

update, i had noticed that on the soundtraxx heisler sheet CV 5 and 6 are not listed, but my throttle showed settings out of the decoder, which is why i went ahead and changed them.

just saw a youtube video where the presenter says that CV 66 and 95 are actually used to set-up max speed.    on the sheet, they are labelled Forward Trim and Reverse Trim, so i'm thinking that i'll reset and give them a try.

little by little i'm moving toward decorder pro, you think?

update #2.    i've reset the bachmann sound decoder with cv 8 to 8 and just did mods of the CVs via the NCE protocol, programming on the main.  all works as advertised, other than the fact that when the wheels top out at max speed of 64, sound still is running full-speed ahead.

thanks for being helpful if you have the silver bullet.

Hunt

jrl2442,

Read the following CVs, what is their present value?
CV 5
CV 6
CV 7
CV 8
CV 25
CV 29
CV 66
CV 95
CV 105
CV 106
CV 116

As for the sound issue --- experiment with value in CV 116 Engine Exhaust Control

Click Here for CV 116 technical documentation.

An aside,
All documentation I have access to indicates CV 5 and CV 6 are not supported thus it is unexpected results were gotten using them. I do not have convenient access to a Bachmann HO On30 Heisler to see if the results using CV 5 and CV 6 can be duplicated. 

Yardmaster,  have a DCC knowledgeable person with Bachmann verify by testing, not from reading product documentation, the decoder's support of CV 5 and CV 6. Let us know the findings.

jrl2442

Hunt, thank you very much for your helpful response.     we have reset CV8 to 8 several times and done a number of different combinations before pretty much deciding that for now we will not attempt to alter top speed.

thanks for pointing out CV116- will dink with that soon.

will pose again if/when i find some good settings that give me control over max speed and good sound sync at that top speed.

for now, i do appreciate CV8 and wish that all of life were so simple to reset and redo.

life goes on

jim/atlanta

Hunt

Jim,
Let me know the value now in the CVs asked about.

CV 5
CV 6
CV 7
CV 8
CV 25
CV 29
CV 66
CV 95
CV 105
CV 106
CV 116

jrl2442

current CV settings-   + = default after CV8 reset to8

5-  64
6-  32
7-  83+
8-  141+
25-  12
29-  18
66-  128+
95-  128+
105-  0+
106-  4+
116-  75+

sound begins well in advance of wheels turning.   momentum seems a full 9    wheels turn much faster than a 64, and sound seems a full 255

thanks for being helpful

Hunt

The settings indicate from available documentation that the locomotive speed is controlled by Custom Speed Table, Exponential Curve 3 (CV 29 = 18, CV 25 = 12), which would be adjusted by the  value in CV 2, CV 3 and CV 4.

The value in CV 5 and CV 6 (if actually supported) is ignored.