News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2017 ON30 annual magazine

Started by aussie geoff, January 05, 2017, 02:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie geoff

Happy New Year to all . Has anybody information about this years ( 2017 ) upcoming ON30 annual ?   ;)

Geoff

p51

It's not even being edited yet. I submitted an article to this one, and the editor told me he was starting editing this month and it goes to the printer in mid-March (and the print dates usually are hard timeframes for most publications). The first ones go out to the pre-order folks.
-Lee

Royce Wilson

It is ready because I have mine coming in the mail!.

Royce ;D

John Tumolo

Orders are now being taken for the new 2017 edition.  I just ordered mine at https://shop.whiteriverproductions.com/products/on17
I just wish it came out more than once a year................

John Tumolo  Britcarfan@aol.com

Flare

Quote from: John Tumolo on January 20, 2017, 03:06:55 PM

If it did they'd have to change its name.

jkemp

Thanks for the heads up.

I just got mine ordered also.

USD $18 if ordered prior to April

p51

Orders are now being taken for the new 2017 edition.  I just ordered mine at https://shop.whiteriverproductions.com/products/on17
Cool, my layout is the "Tweetsie-Inspired On30 Layout" mentioned in the highlights!  :)
Yeah, a quarterly would be great for folks like us, but in all fairness I doubt there'd be that big a market for it. On30 is, like it or not, a fringe element among the hobby itself.
-Lee

jkemp

Just a follow up on this thread.

I just looked over the announcement page here:

https://shop.whiteriverproductions.com/products/on17

If there is an estimated ship date, I am overlooking it.

Wondering if anyone has the estimated ship date for this?

Thank you,

p51

I wouldn't hold my breath. I haven't even heard any info on proofs or how far along in editing they are right now...
You'll see them soon, but I wouldn't think very soon.
-Lee

JerryB

I ordered mine about a week ago. I was told it would be sent in April.

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

jkemp

Quote from: JerryB on February 27, 2017, 08:09:28 PM
I ordered mine about a week ago. I was told it would be sent in April.

Jerry

Thank you Jerry.

I had no idea when it would be officially released.

p51

I just emailed Chris last night. He said the proof of my article should be emailed to me next week. So, that clearly means he's still putting the thing together. But in this digital age, once he's done, he only has to transmit the annual to the printer, however he does that.
But seeing that we're talking about the first week in March now, I wouldn't bet on people getting them until the very end of the coming month, at the absolute earliest.
I assume when I get my author copy, it should go out with the first batch. If people aren't already posting by then that they've gotten theirs, I'll post that I got mine, so the rest can assume they'll be getting them soon after.
-Lee

p51

Heard from Chris today. He's still editing, I should get the proof of my article soon.
He said that there were three ET&WNC-themed articles in this annual, which I'm very happy to hear mine is one! The others are a guide on modeling ET&WNC coaches (no idea who write that) and another on passenger service by ET&WNC guru Johnny Graybeal.
-Lee

Royce Wilson

I just called the Gazette to inquire about my late Jan/Feb issue and found out the 2017 On30 mag will mail in April.
'It will be worth it!.

Royce

p51

Quote from: Royce Wilson on March 17, 2017, 03:59:22 PM
I just called the Gazette to inquire about my late Jan/Feb issue and found out the 2017 On30 mag will mail in April.
Seeing that the editor hasn't cleared many of the articles with the authors yet, I wouldn't bet my life on that timeframe.
I hope they're right, as I want to see the finished version as much as the rest of you. More so, probably.
-Lee