News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Installing RCS WOW 1516 into On30 Climax

Started by jrl2442, January 11, 2017, 11:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrl2442

installed speaker and bachmann sound module into one climax and now intend to install a 20mm speaker and TCS WOW 1516 into a second.   is there anything more to it than installing the speaker below the current PCB, then connect the TCS to the Bachmann PCB with an 8-pin to 9-pin adapter?

thanks

jim/atlanta

Hunt

Jim, discuss the install with the tech folks at TCS.

I surmise to fully utilize the motor control capability of a WOW decoder you should completely remove the Bachmann board and hardwire the decoder with resistors in each light circuit.

jrl2442

thanks for the thought, hunt.    i sent an email to tis tech support, and their response indicates that i'm good to go with using the bachmann 8-pin socket.   norm did mention that i'll have to do some playing with the chuff rate to get something close since the 1516 is pretty much for rod engines.   

life goes on

Hunt

Jim, a need for clarification was raised in my mind about using the 8-pin NMRA socket from an installation performed by TCS of a TCS WOW 101 Stream decoder and KA3 Keep-Alive into a Bachmann On30 Shay. TCS removed the Bachmann PCB and hardwired.