News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

$25.00 locomotive

Started by bapguy, January 13, 2017, 10:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bapguy

I was at one of the LHS a couple of weeks ago. They had a 25% off sale going on. I looked around a saw a Bachmann HO FTA DC on board for $25.00 plus 25% off. I bought thinking that if it didn't run I had the makings of a dummy unit. I got it home and took out the decoder and replaced it with a spare Sountraxx decoder I had. It runs great! I bought an F7B body for it and will letter it for my RR.    Joe

HoModeler

Nice find... Most LHS around this time of year offer Clearance sales & % off sales to make room for the new products coming out this year... My HS just started a 35% sale on all HO & N scale related stock I just picked up 3 PRR Box Car's off Bachmann's Sliver Series lineup... I got 3 Bachmann PRR Passenger Cars in Tuscan red scheme & lighted interiors for Christmas "Nice Cars"

Thinking of picking up a Bachmann DC NY Central Shark Nose Engine I seen my HS had & throwing in a DCC & Sound decoder I have... 

RAM

I wish I could find a deal like that at a local hobby shop.  In fact I wish I could find a local hobby shop.  About an 80 mile trip to find any kind of hobby shop.

HoModeler

Quote from: RAM on January 14, 2017, 03:42:52 PM
I wish I could find a deal like that at a local hobby shop.  In fact I wish I could find a local hobby shop.  About an 80 mile trip to find any kind of hobby shop.

You can always order from Amazon.com

jbrock27

Or Ebay.

Or GOOGLE Search.
Or search the Net in general.
Keep Calm and Carry On

JNXT 7707

Quote from: jbrock27 on January 15, 2017, 09:32:41 PM
Or Ebay.

Or GOOGLE Search.
Or search the Net in general.

Yes you can, and I do even when I have a LHS. It's still nice to have a real store to walk in and grab some paint or couplers.
Jerry

Modeling the JNXT RR from its headquarters in Buzzardly, Texas.
Future home of the National C-Liner Museum.

jbrock27

Quote from: JNXT 7707 on January 23, 2017, 01:21:00 PM
I have a LHS.

Yep, some do but I bet most don't.  And even of the ones that still exist today, many cater to RC hobbies and not HO trains, so adjustments have to be made and alternatives have to be found.  Paints can be found at any # of brick and mortar stores that are not "hobby shops" btw.
Keep Calm and Carry On