News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Rosie Coming Soon or later?

Started by TrainshockeylifE, January 16, 2017, 11:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainshockeylifE

Has anyone noticed how bachmann said Rosie was shipping in December 2016? Why hasn't she come out yet? Should she come out this month just like the rolling stock came out a month later?

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

This could've easily been posted in ANY of the other threads. You didn't need to make a new one. And no, no one has any idea why she's late. Do you see any statement from Bachmann anywhere that would've given us more info?
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Plow_Bender

I agree with Mr. Griffin that this post could have easily been made in another thread instead of starting a new one.  As a matter of fact, Bachmann Rosie is currently the topic in The Everything Thomas Thread.

In regards to Rosie shipping in December of 2016, clearly this information has changed.  Keep in mind that Oliver (and I think Rheneas too) was expected to ship in December, but was pushed back to 2017.  Although the rolling stock has been released, Rosie is a locomotive and therefore the same principals do not apply.  The tooling for the rolling stock was already there because they were simple recolors, unlike Rosie who requires a completely new tooling and a powered chassis.

The best thing to do right now is just sit back and wait till we hear from Bachmann about what's going on.  As I said before (in another thread), the 2017 announcements are coming up in another few weeks, and I'm sure they'll have information regarding Rosie as well.  I don't know what the big deal is, but Bachmann Rosie has people more wound up than a hornet in a Coke can.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Uh oh! No new color! Apparently Bachmann didn't get the memo...  ::)
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Captain Crutch

No headlamp either. Odd, I was sure theirs atleast be a headlamp as she had a headlamp with that livery for a few seasons. Also is it just me or is she really mis-proportioned. Maybe it's the angle but the model looks really wrong.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

Metal

I will admit the clean crisp replication done by Bachmann does have quite the appeal to the consumer. There's little to no difference between her model and CGI render.

Also I assume her original livery was put into production before her S21 repaint.

Overall, in spite of mixed responses, great job to Bachmann for the precision put into the design.

Captain Crutch

As I look back I see that it is perfectly proportioned except for the box on top of the cab, it's a little too tall. Other than that it's fine. I'm sure a different angle will look fine. Also the cab is clearly open, maybe cab detail. That would be amazing!!!
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

TTTEfan1992

Bachmann Rosie looks awesome, but the picture looks very weird compared to the others. Rosie's picture is a lot smaller than the other characters pictures. Is Rosie a lot bigger than the other characters?

donaldthescottishtwin

She looks great, now where's Rheneas?.

JD417

Alright, I said it on Twitter, but I'm sure half of you fellows here don't have one, so I'll just repeat myself here :P

Rosie is definitely a model that should've been worked on more than it did. I cannot pinpoint what they were trying to replicate their model off of.

Overall complaints:
-The Middle dome has way too much rounding at the bottom, and her front and back domes don't have enough.
-Her whistle is moulded on, like Oliver, and the bottom part of her whistle is unpainted.
          Here's an image comparing the domes between the show, and the Bachmann model, and this also shows part of the whistle not being painted: http://i.imgur.com/aw24wIS.png
-The oversized crosshead.
          Here's an image comparing the crosshead between CGI, the Bachmann model, and the Model Series: http://i.imgur.com/iyzxBud.png
-Her footsteps are not fully painted, just the outermost face.
-This is one I'm not happy about personally, there's no lamp. But that's just a personal preference.

Good points:
-The entirely open cab. We haven't seen one of those since Donald and Douglas. (Skarloey almost qualified for that, but for some odd reason they blocked off his front port holes)
-The face is very well done, the eyes aren't sunken back like some other models (Like Oliver, or Salty) and I'm very surprised that she actually got her rosy cheeks, I thought she was going to have just freckles, like how most merchandise skips over it.

All in all, It's not a terrible model, but its just confusing as to what they were going for.

DinoNTrains

I have to say that I really like the Rosie model. It has great detail, and I am kind of glad they stuck to the pre-Season 21 coloration, as we have yet to see that livery in the series proper.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Chaz

Honestly, I think Rosie looks mediocre, at best.  I agree with a lot of the criticism Jesse mentioned and I'll admit that I don't think the face doesn't look that good either.  I'm surprised that they gave her an open cab, and I'll admit that it's nice that they finally bucked the trend of doing a post season 7 character, but aside from that, it could have been better.  I can't say I was expecting anything great out of it, (it is a model of Rosie after all...), but it doesn't look like it meets the same quality seen in other models like Duck and Oliver.  Not the worst model in the range, but nowhere near the best.

Personally, I would like to see a different post season 7 character from Bachmann in the announcements this year, and if they choose to do so, I certainly hope it will be a lot better than this.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Cheeky_ULP

it's good to know Bachmann is self-aware enough to know that a mediocre character deserves only the bare-minimum of effort to call it a day.

with Oliver, we could tell they put a lot more effort than Rosie, but those efforts were ultimately futile because they followed Arcs whacked-up model instead of his classic model.

now if we see Rheneas and he's the same quality as Skarloey, we'll know that Bachmanns real talent, time and efforts are going to engine models that actually matter

Plow_Bender

Although I agree with most of what Mr. JD417 and Chaz have said, I say (and keep in mind that everyone's entitled to their own opinion) we can't really criticize the model too much just by this product photo.  It's a possibility that this could in fact just be a prototype and not the actual Rosie model Bachmann plans to put on the market.

In terms of things such as the lamp and paint defects, I don't think we can 100% say this is an issue just yet.  I personally have my doubts that Bachmann plans to fit their Rosie model with a lamp, but I've been wrong before.  As for the lower half of the whistle and the outer part of the steps not being painted, again I'll say this Rosie could just be a prototype used for the product photo.  Keep in mind that there are other models that share this same trend.  For example, Mavis' photo shows her without the hook on her front coupler, Spencer without buffers, the center of Emily's wheels are unpainted, Salty has silver buffers (Dockyard Delivery Set #00696), and there is a buffer missing on Troublesome Truck #5.

I have to agree with Mr. JD417 and Mr. HLC Railroad that Rosie's proportions do in fact look off in more ways than one.  Whether this Rosie is a prototype or not, this is the tooling that she's going to have and therefore is somewhat of a disappointment.  I have to agree that its nice to see an open cab on the model, but it does have me curios whether or not Bachmann took the time to add any cab detail.  Considering all the models we've gotten before (Donald, Douglas, Gordon, Henry, Edward, etc), I wouldn't get your hopes up.  I do however like the fact that Rosie's face matches her CGI counterpart. 

So at this time, I have to agree with Chaz that Rosie isn't the worst model Bachmann has made, but not the best one either.  Personally the disproportions of the model are what disappoints me the most, but at least the overall shape and size of the character is there.  I think overall Rosie is a decent model and considering she was announced shy from a year ago, and already we have a photo of her, that ain't half bad.  Hopefully we can expect the same if Bachmann announces another engine character for 2017.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."