News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum ACL Russian Decapod Question

Started by Searsport, January 19, 2017, 08:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Searsport

Hi, I have Spectrum 81703 ACL Russian Decapod #8003. It has "Atlantic Coast Line" in a straight line across the tender. I am wondering, did Bachmann ever issue this model with the ACL roundel herald? (see photo https://www.flickr.com/photos/alcomike/6523878995).

If not, does anyone make a decal set for this herald? It looks a bit too complicated to paint! and I have not found one online. Dry-print would be better than waterslide to avoid the need to disguise the film. I believe that the roundel was introduced circa 1938 with the 4-8-4s and on them at least was a separate embossed metal disk, so waterslide would not be fatal, but in the photo of #8007 it looks more like paint. It may be that it was polished metal on prestige locos but white paint on lesser beasts.

Also was it ever offered with DCC + sound for the ACL? Mine has the solid tender floor and the weight in the wrong place to fit a speaker.

Thanks,
Bill.

Len

Micro-Scale made some decal sets with the round herald. You might find them on Craigslist, eBay, or at a show.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Searsport

Hi Len, thanks for your reply. I have now also found that Champ did a set, EH-260 ATLANTIC COAST LINE Steam Loco WHITE, which includes both the roundel and the full-length "ATLANTIC COAST LINE". Maybe last issued in 1995!

Best Regards,
Bill.