News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann service

Started by Hartz, January 23, 2017, 07:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartz

Hello,
I am new here.  I'm a 71 year old retired kid getting started with N Scale.  From a train shop, I acquired four used EMD GP40 Locomotives. One is Lifelike, and the other three are Bachmann. The lifelike and one Bachmann ran good and no matter what I did, the other two Bachmanns wouldn't run so researching the Service Department of Bachmann Trains I sent them in to be repaired or replaced.  I got my notice that they were repaired and on the way back to me but I didn't get a bill for the $25.00 per locomotive charge That is typical for the service.  I don't know of many other companies that will take care of customers like this.  These are used Locomotives and they came back to me with a new  chassis for each.  In my research on model trains I find there is a group of mover/shaker companies of which Bachmann trains is commonly thought to be in the lower levels by price/quality etc.  From my point of view, Bachmann Trains is at the top for customer service.
I thank Bachmann Trains for getting me on the right track for my new N Scale experience.
Hartz

charon

As far as quality goes, over the last almost 30 years, I have purchased many, many of their large scale locomotives, shays, climaxes, heislers, rod locos, 45 tonners, davenports, etc., including their first radio controlled 4-6-0.  They have all run perfect out of the box and I have not had to have any repairwork done. Can't do much better than that!
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line