News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reverse Board with Lockout

Started by Toms Model Trains, January 25, 2017, 02:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toms Model Trains

I have a customer that would like to know the electrical ratings for the Williams by Bachman #00249, Reverse Board with Lockout.....amps etc....Tom

phillyreading

Not 100% sure but the older Williams diesel engines have a circuit board rated for 6 amps and around 50 volts AC. Most Williams engines don't use that much power, closer to 4.5 amps but Williams likes to play it safe.
What are you trying to do with your Williams engine?

Lee F.

Toms Model Trains

Hello Lee and thanks for your reply. The board is for a mail order customer of mine and I'm not certain of his intended use...he likes to tinker. He may have only needed to know the the boards electrical limits. I'll pass along the information....Tom

GovB

Speaking of the reverse board with lockout, where has it gone? Was thinking about getting one, #249, but it ain't (for emphasis only) there. Was there a problem with it? Found # 247 in the online store but, ??? Is it being replaced? Will it come back? Don't like buying 3rd party electronics unless from a bona fide dealer. What say you?

John B.
Happy Rails to You, GovB

Toms Model Trains

Hello John....my supplier still shows the boards as being available and I have some listed on eBay. Here's the link...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Williams-by-Bachman-00249-Reverse-Board-with-Lockout-/132062832735?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

....Tom

GovB

Thanks Tom. That's good news. I'd still like to know why Bachmann removed it from the web site.  Now another question. I see what appears to be 8 "sockets" (don't know what else to call'em) on the board. After you plug in the power, motor(s), lock-out and possibly a sound module (that leaves 3 or 4), what else can you attach, plug in? What are they? Very little info on the web about these.

Thanks for all the info, JohnB
Happy Rails to You, GovB

Toms Model Trains

Hello JohnB....I was wondering about the same thing awhile back. Here's the link to my original question and the answers I received....

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,29861.0.html

.....Tom

GovB

To all,

I just upgraded my old Williams kit-made semi-scale GG-1 to include a Williams #249 reverse board with lockout  ;D only to discover that the # 245 Diesel Digital True Blast II Sound Unit has been discontinued :'(. It was the only one available (then) with just the bell & horn. Haven't found one anywhere. Has anyone had experience using a 3rd party sound unit with this board.

Thanks, John

By the way, the board works perfectly too. ;D
Happy Rails to You, GovB