News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Model: 44579 crossing gate does not work?

Started by Assapuffington, January 24, 2017, 11:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assapuffington

Hello, I have the Model: 44579 crossing gate,and the Santa FE Diesel engine,when the train gets to the crossing gate,it stops going through it.I have tried to push down on the engine and still don't work,If I push it through,the gates close and open fine,just won't go through on it's own power,stops completely like I shut it off going through the gate track,there is power on the rails in the crossing.When I remove the center piece of plastic,the engine goes through fine on the track,It's not weight because pushing it down makes no difference.Any Idea what this is?? How can I fix this? Thanks for any info on this.

Terry Toenges

Is the "air hose" on the coupler hanging too low and catching on the center plastic piece?
Feel like a Mogul.

richiy

Yes. Do a visual. Would help to use a Kadee coupler height gauge and check the glad hand height.

richiy

ZeldaTheSwordsman

It could also be that the plate isn't setting in fully, that it's sticking up just enough to lift the engine's trucks off the rails.
Cautiously making my return

Assapuffington

Hello,Center piece is setting in ok,don't see anything hitting the centerpiece.Seems like the only way it works is to remove the center piece.Something weird going on here.

Len

If the loco trucks have bulges for the gears, check for rub marks. On some locos they stick down far enough to hit the center piece of rerailers and crossing gates. If there are marks, you can use a flat file to take a bit off the bulges until they don't hit anymore.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Assapuffington

Hi,I don't see any bulges for gears on this loco.Has to be something to do with contact from the loco to the track right? Seems to be plenty of weight to open and close the gates,I am not seeing anything that could be causing this.All I know at this point is with that center plastic piece off the loco runs fine through the track.Has to be loosing contact over that plastic piece somewhere.