News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

3 Truck Shay #81901

Started by JEL1948, February 02, 2017, 12:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEL1948

Can anyone tell me if this model (#81901) is DCC-ready? I'm getting mixed info. What is the best sound/speed decoder to install?

Hunt

It is DCC-ready with 8-pin socket per Bachmann diagram.

SoundTraxx currently makes two decoders that can be used.
Click Here for info --  Not a plug & play installation. Not a candidate for first time installer
All HO 80 Ton 3 Truck Shay Locomotives have been discontinued so replacement parts in limited supply or not available at all.
Click Here for parts.

HoModeler

Like Hunt suggests 3 Truck Shay's are no longer made... If you have a problem with the Shay you will have a hard time finding parts But Yes I do believe they where made in DCC too

WoundedBear

I would be nice if Bachmann had some documentation for the sound boards. Where and when would a guy use one of these?

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_698&products_id=10460

Sid

Hunt

Sid,

Here are the documents Bachmann provides online. 
Click Here for Quick Start Guide
Click Here for DCC SOUND ON BOARD User's Guide and Technical Reference
Click Here for Bachmann HO 3 Truck Shay supported CVs info

Hunt

Quote from: Hunt on February 05, 2017, 02:42:37 PM
Sid,

Here are the documents Bachmann provides online. 
Click Here for Quick Start Guide
Click Here for DCC SOUND ON BOARD User's Guide and Technical Reference
Click Here for Bachmann HO 3 Truck Shay supported CVs info

Also ---  With use you will soon discover parts of the provided documentation to be not applicable, incomplete, and sometimes misleading. 

WoundedBear

Thanks Hunt. I did find errors with the CV list for the 3 truck Climax. I made my own sheet and work off it. The one Soundtraxx has still doesn't jive with my models.

Sid