Bachmann Rheneas coming Early March

Started by TrainshockeylifE, February 05, 2017, 03:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD417

I think that design would be best. Looks extremely Season 4ish, and obviously still has Midlander's design, and Bachmann's shown they're not afraid to mix a character's appearances into their model; like Arry and Bert having CGI faces, and Season 5 rods (Unpainted), and obviously what I've said so far about Skarloey and Rheneas.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Still, faces and small details like side rods and rivets just can't be compared to a complete overhaul of a character's design that doesn't remotely portray their original design.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Anthony P2

Heard through the grapevine on a model railway message board, I forget which one, that Bachman does a full scan of the Talyllyn Railway locos, and possibly rolling stock hence why the slate truck looks the way it does, for the Skarloey Railway product line. This explains why Skarloey and Rehneas have more detail than the actual characters do. Rusty might be an exception though. Since TVS Rusty has quite a few differences than Midlander, it could go either way. They might design the whole thing from scratch to make him look just like the TVS one or they might do a scan of Midlander and put a Rusty face on it. I could also see Bachmann doing and altered version like the one Chaz posted though which would be a mix of practically every version of Rusty. Still looking forward to the model either way!

Chaz

If Oliver is anything to go off of, it's that the current render of the character is most likely what Mattel would want the character to look like.

That being said, in last year's catalog the image used for the slate wagons used a picture from the classic series as a reference, and when photos of the wagons were revealed they appeared to be based off Talyllyn slate wagons instead of the ones on the show.  The details and quality on Skarloey and Rheneas are also worth taking into consideration too as Bachmann is clearly aiming the narrow gauge range to the older and more serious collectors.

I think it's a little hard to tell at this point with Rusty since while I think both sides are valid, the model just got announced this year so it's not like we will have a definitive answer anytime soon anyways.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Cheeky_ULP

On that note;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEl868nXOtU&feature=youtu.be&t=489
Look, we got acknowledged. Maybe some day Bachmann Trains will be as sassy as the Wendys Twitter.

AJW98Productions

One thing I must bring to light is that Rheneas's handrail on top of his boiler isn't moulded, but instead is fitted separately. I must say, I am really impressed by this. Rheneas's model looks amazing, and I am glad they Bachmann took their time so that this model turned out nicely. I'd dare say that maybe, just maybe, they may have outdone themselves again, maybe even edging out Skarloey in terms of detail...maybe.

I know it's unlikely, and I go on about it a lot, but I really hope that Bachmann can release the Blue and White Coaches from the RWS/early TV Series, with a matching Breakevan. I feel like they'd look simply amazing with Skarloey, Rheneas and Rusty.

~Alex.

TrainshockeylifE

Has anyone noticed what the bachmann Representative said? He said they didn't put dcc sound in the ho scale Thomas YET....... Maybe that's a sign that bachmann will?

sean1994rail

Quote from: TrainshockeylifE on May 01, 2017, 04:34:48 PM
Has anyone noticed what the bachmann Representative said? He said they didn't put dcc sound in the ho scale Thomas YET....... Maybe that's a sign that bachmann will?
No. they could only fitted an analogue sound chip into the HO Thomas, and any other HO engine that might get an analogue sound variant in the future.

Titanic5972

How do you know that Sean? They may well decide to retool to give DCC capabilities to the Thomas range over time.

grandpuff

My Backorder confirmation from my supplier says Rheneas in stock date of 7-17-17.

Also at a very good price.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Chaz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?a=&feature=youtu.be&v=aJGT13QpRMA

Here's a video from Trainworld featuring another look at Rheneas at the show in York.  Always great seeing the attention and publicity that the narrow gauge range deserves. 

Chaz

As much as I hate to double-post I just got an email from HobbyLinc and this actually worries me a little.  They cancelled my preorder on Rheneas saying something along the lines of the product being on backorder for over 6 months.  I had to call them to get my preorder reinstated, but hopefully it won't be that much longer.  Especially considering that Rheneas has so much more going for him in terms of sales than Rosie does, why Bachmann got Rosie out before Rheneas is beyond me as I'm sure everyone would have preferred it being the other way around. 

I think I speak for many, but I really hope there is an update on his release date at the NMRA next week.

Captain Crutch

I'm sure they're just waiting for a large enough supply to be made so they can put him up for Sale without the worries of selling out so quickly like they did with Skarloey.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

DucktheGWREngine08

I honestly hope it won't be too much longer and I hope they also get another shipment of Skarloey as I missed the chance to get him.

douglas

This is really starting to get to me. I backordered Rheneas in September of last year, only to be told multiple times that he was on further backorder. Right now he's available for backorder at TrainWorld for $99, yet the item page says it is due to be in stock as of July 31.
ALL I WANT IS MY MODEL, BACHMANN. Please get Rheneas out there soon!