News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Simply a thanks.

Started by tac, February 06, 2017, 01:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tac

Dear Bach Man - today, as the rain had stopped, and the weather became somewhat kinder, I decided to get all my Bachmann Spectrum locos out, and make them ready for the coming year.

Being somewhat impetuous by nature, I bought every single one of my few locos almost instantly as they came out, even though some came from the USA and I live mostly in UK.

1.  My original 38 ton Shay, still with the original trucks fitted to it, and still running like a watch.  Came all the way from San Diego around the turn of the century.

2.  My Annie ten wheeler, now almost seventeen years old.

3.  The Connie, bought the day I read the review.

4.  The Heisler - the same as above.

5.  The Climax, a week old, and unwanted by the guy for whom it had been bought as a gift - he wanted an American loco that looked like a loco, bot something he'd never seen before.

6.  The three-truck Shay, also bought the same day as the review was published.

All are lovingly cared for and treated kindly, and appreciated for what they are - exquisite models of a kind that we'll probably never see again.

So if any of you out there have one or all of these fine models, treat them well and they'll repay the care.

Thanks, Bachmann, for almost seventeen years of the finest-detailed railroad fun.

tac
OVGRS   

Joe Zullo