Stand alone Low Voltage Cutoff for LIPO batteries

Started by rperego, February 18, 2017, 04:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rperego

Anyone know where I can find a Low Voltage Cutoff device (LVC) for a 3S LIPO?

I want to use a LIPO for a battery conversion but want to make sure I have an LVC included.  I'll probably just use a fuse for overdraw and will be taking the battery out for charging.

I was told elsewhere to look for a PCM or PCB but the descriptions of these just talk about overdraw and overcharge protection.

BTW, I have found some LVCs but they are meant to go between a receiver and speed controller, like in electric model airplanes that don't have the LVC built into the ESC.  I will have a receiver and speed controller (considering the Bluerail unit) but the receiver and speed controller are all in one.

Thanks, Bob

Hunt

rperego

I looked at the dimension product but it is designed to go between a receiver and speed controller.  It's designed for airplane usage - slow the motor down, let the servos still work, etc.  The product I'm looking at using is a Bluetooth receiver and speed controller in one board.  So, what I need to do is have an LVC between the battery and the power to the board.

Found one so far by mcmelectronics but it is way over kill.

Suggestion from another forum was to make my own with a relay and properly sized resistor to disable the coil current at a known voltage.  That said I've never made an electronic gizmo that turned out as simple as first thought.

I may be over worrying this.  The cheap low voltage detectors that flash a light and/or sound a buzzer may be just fine.