News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 56' Covered Hopper Hatches?

Started by plint, March 02, 2017, 11:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plint

Just got the Bachmann NYC Covered Hopper #17523 and the hatches on top look like the covers are missing.  3 holes around each hatch look like something where a cover would go but after looking at several different hoppers at the store,  they are all the same on top.  The catalog pic shows it, too.  Just seems incomplete to me.  What say you?
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

plint

The more I look at it and compare it to other covered hoppers it is definitely missing its covers.

jbrock27

This was deleted the first time 'round (no idea why), but where did you get this from?
Keep Calm and Carry On

plint

It was still up here.   I have lots of Bachmann that I like.  This just seems worth noting.   Did you mean which store did I get this from?

jbrock27

Yea dude, that is what I am asking, where did you get the hopper from?   

What I was pointing out is, that I asked the same question a day or so ago and it got removed by the Overlords for some reason. ::) ???
Keep Calm and Carry On

plint

Got it at Charles Ro near Boston.  They had about 5 different Bachmann 56' hoppers and they ALL had the same hatches like mine and the catalog picture, minus covers.   

jbrock27

So, you bought it that way, knowing it is in identical shape to all the other stock (56' hoppers) the store had?

Not sure what the question here is then; either take it back for a refund if unhappy (which would beg the question why your purchased it in the first place) or live with it; or am I missing something?
Keep Calm and Carry On

plint

I said I was just wondering if hatches were missing or that's the design of the car.  Just an observation.  I don't mind the car.  So, do YOU think hatches are missing or is that just a design?   Look at the catalog pic.

Len

I think they are an oversize representation of the fasteners that keep the hatch closed. Nothing exactly like it on the prototype:

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

plint

Thanks for the picture, Len.  You're probably right.  Kind of similar.