News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachman RS-3

Started by tomfro, March 08, 2017, 02:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomfro

Guys;

Unfortunately my RS-3 took a header of the layout,  >:( and the front truck seems to have disconnected from the chassis (its all in tact, just not connected to the locomotive). Does anybody know or have simple distructions for taking the body shell of the chassis so I can re-connect the truck?  ???

Thanks

Tomfro

Len

From the reference diagram http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/HO%20RS3_DCC%20EQUPPED.pdf it looks like the trucks are kept in place by a 'cap' that is attached to the truck by screws. If the truck came loose, I suspect something broke.

And I believe the coupler pocket screws are what hold the body in place on this loco.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

tomfro

Len;

Thanks for the info. The couplers are removed but it seems like there's something else holding the body shell to the chassis. I'll take a look at the drawing you specified though. thanks

Tom

bapguy

Remove the fuel tank. There should be 2 screws there that need to be removed. The truck is held on by a screw through the top of the weight. Look at the diagram, screw number 10115.   Joe

tomfro

Thanks Joe.

I've got the screw out of the fuel tank but am not sure how to actually remove the fuel tank. Does it slide? How does it come away from the chassis?

Tomfro

bapguy

The tank lifts  straight up. If it's a sound unit, be carefull as the wire to the speaker is short. The tank fits over the weight on the bottom of the frame, so lift up to clear it.  Joe