HO loco to tender cable in parts store question?????

Started by Searsport, March 12, 2017, 03:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Searsport

Hi, when sold on its own the medium Vanderbilt tender came with a loco to tender cable set with plugs on both ends, so it could connect the Vandy tender, which had sockets, to a loco which also had sockets like the Spectrum 4-6-0. I have been searching the parts store for this cable but cannot find it. The parts store is organised by loco, which does not help in this case. Does anyone know where that cable is or the parts number, please?

Thanks,
Bill.

Warflight

My suggestion is to find a loco that comes with the tender, and check the exploded view, however, the more I google, and research, it seems your tender may be a sold alone only? If it does come with an engine, maybe the engine's exploded view has it? (I have found a few engines with the Medium Vanderbuilt Tender, but their exploaded views have all been non DCC, so no cable mentioned)

The other option, is find an electronics store that deals in amateur radio building (I would have said "Radio Shack" back in the day, but at least around here, the "experts" at Radio Shack only know how to sell phones) and see if you can match the cable you need by eyeballing the sockets. Fry's Electronics, or some other big box electronics shop that sells components for computers may also be helpful.

Searsport

Hi, thanks for your reply. So far as I know this double-ended cable was only supplied with the Vandy tender when it was sold as a separate item, not when it came with, e.g., the Baldwin 2-8-0. Bachmann stopped selling the Vandy tender on its own some years ago.

The 2+4 socket is listed in the parts store under Universal HO Parts, but is sold out. 2+4 connector cables are also listed and are in stock, but they have a plug on one end only. If I cannot find what I need ready-made I can buy these and make it, but that is a waste.

Best Regards,
Bill.